Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, February 5, 2017

TAKE MY MONEY: February 2017

Where I feature new releases that grabbed my attention for the upcoming month.  As always, release dates are subject to change.  All titles link back to Goodreads.


Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
Devil in Spring (Ravenels #3) by Lisa Kleypas (historical romance) -- February 21st
Definitely one of the books I am most looking forward to this year.  I can't wait to see Evie and Sebastian again plus I find Pandora Ravenel to be a fascinating character.

Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
Pretty Face (London Celebrities #2) by Lucy Parker (contemporary romance) -- February 20th
I loved Parker's debut last year (Act Like It) and am super excited to read more of her work.  I also like the idea of the heroine trying to go against type casting and fact that it is a director/actor romance.

The Duke (Victorian Rebels, #4)
The Duke (Victorian Rebels #4) by Kerrigan Byrne (historical romance) -- February 7th
Byrne is an expert at lush historicals with crazy, engaging plots.  This one features a one-handed lord and a female spy.

Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
Into the Fire (Night Prince #4) by Jeaniene Frost (urban fantasy) -- February 28th
I was disappointed by the last installment of this series (Bound By Flames), but I have to see how Leila and Vlad's story ends.

Someone to Hold (Westcott, #2)
Someone to Hold (Westcott #2) by Mary Balogh (historical romance) -- February 7th
Camille annoyed me in the first book (Someone to Love), but I am interested to see how she adjusts to becoming a teacher and falling for an art instructor.

An Unseen Attraction (Sins of the Cities, #1)
An Unseen Attraction (Sins of the Cities #1) by K.J. Charles (historical romance M/M) -- February 21st
One of my favorite authors I discovered last year.  Definitely excited to read her new series.

Passion Favors the Bold (The Royal Rewards Duo, #2)
Passion Favors the Bold (Royal Rewards #2) by Theresa Romain (historical romance) -- February 28th
I really enjoyed the first book (Fortune Favors the Wicked) and am always up for a falling in love with one's best friend's sister premise.  Plus more treasure hunting!

Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
Shadow's Seduction (Dacians #2) by Kresley Cole (paranormal romance M/M) -- February 28th
I'm a bit behind on this series, but am excited to see what Cole can do with a male/male romance.

Echoes in Death (In Death, #44)
Echoes in Death (In Death #44) by JD Robb (romantic suspense) -- February 7th
Another series I'm hopelessly behind on yet I am determined to catch up...one day.

The Lawrence Browne Affair
The Lawrence Browne Affair by Cat Sebastian (historical romance M/M) -- February 7th
The Soldier's Scoundrel was so good that I have to read more of Sebastian's writing especially if it features a con artist posing as a recluse's new secretary.

My Fair Duchess (Dukes Behaving Badly, #5)
My Fair Duchess (Dukes Behaving Badly #5) by Megan Frampton (historical romance) -- February 28th
I am always up for a Pygmalion/My Fair Lady retelling especially if it is paired with Frampton's writing and sense of humor.

The Burning World  (Warm Bodies, #2)
The Burning World (Warm Bodies #2) by Isaac Marion (YA dystopian) -- February 7th
Gah!!  Finally getting a sequel!!  Warm Bodies was a very different read for me, but I loved it and hope I will love this just as much.

If the Duke Demands (Capturing the Carlisles, #1)
If the Duke Demands (Capturing the Carlisles #1) by Anna Harrington (historical romance) -- February 28th
Masquerades, mistaken identities, falling for one's crush's older brother?  Sounds like a book I want to read!

Till Death
Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout (romantic suspense) -- February 28th
I'm not really a big fan of romantic suspense, but, with JLA's addictive writing, I am willing to give this a try.


WHAT NEW RELEASES ARE YOU EXCITED FOR IN FEBRUARY?

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for the first two as well. I have an eARC of Pretty Face but I haven't read it yet. I'm kind of nervous because I loved Act Like It so much! I still need to read the other books in LK's new historical romance series. I need to get on that!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so many great releases coming out this month!!! i can hardly wait for Devil in Spring, especially with the two excerpts that just leave me wanting more. I am pretty excited about the last installment of Vlad and Leila's story.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.