Wednesday, December 7, 2016

2017 TBR CHALLENGE: Sign-Up Post

 
Hosted by Wendy the Super Librarian

What is the TBR Challenge?

Once a month participants pulls a long-neglected book out of their TBR (To-Be-Read) piles, read it, and provide "commentary" on that book on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Commentary on your chosen read can happen anywhere online: your blog, Facebook, Twitter, GoodReads etc. You can sign up here.

Commentary "due dates" and themes for 2017 are below:
January 18 - We Love Short Shorts! (category romance, short stories, novella etc.)
February 15 - New-To-You Author
March 15 - Comfort Read (Favorite Author? Favorite Trope? Favorite Sub Genre?)
April 19 - Contemporary
May 17 - Something Different (outside your comfort zone, unusual setting, non-romance etc.)
June 21 - Favorite Trope (a favorite theme - amnesia? secret baby? fairy tale? friends-to-lovers? etc.)
July 19 - Series Catch-Up (a book from a series you're behind on)
August 16 - Kicking It Old School (publication date 10 years or older)
September 20 - Historical
October 18 - Paranormal or Romantic Suspense
November 15 - Recommended Read (a book recommended to you by someone)
December 20 - Holiday Themes


For my reading challenges, I always like to create a preliminary list of books that I want to complete. I usually like to look back at the end of the year and see how accurate my predictions were.  For this particular challenge, I am going to list out a few possibilities for each theme.

January 18 - We Love Short Shorts! 
  • The Warlord and the Nightingale by Jeannie Lin
  • Be Not Afraid by Alyssa Cole
  • How to Catch a Wild Viscount by Tessa Dare
February 15 - New-To-You Author
  • Tiffany Girl by Deanne Gist
  • Cotillion by Georgette Heyer
  • Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley
March 15 - Comfort Read 
  • The Season by Sarah MacLean
  • A Change of Heart by Sonali Dev
  • Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh
    April 19 - Contemporary
    • Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Laurens
    • Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie
    • The Marriage Contract by Katee Robert
    May 17 - Something Different
    • Paris in Love by Eloisa James
    • Where Am I Now by Mara Wilson
    • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
    June 21 - Favorite Trope
    • The Wedding Journey by Carla Kelly
    • Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long
    • The Prince Who Loved Me by Karen Hawkins
    July 19 - Series Catch-Up 
    • Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones
    • The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
    • A Secret Affair by Mary Balogh
    August 16 - Kicking It Old School
    • The Windflower by Laura London
    • The Bride by Julie Garwood
    • Mistress by Amanda Quick
    September 20 - Historical
    • True Pretenses by Rose Lerner
    • Destiny's Embrace by Beverly Jenkins
    • Moonlight On My Mind by Jennifer McQuiston
    October 18 - Paranormal or Romantic Suspense

    • North of Need by Laura Kaye
    • Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter
    • Wicked As They Come by Delilah S. Dawson 

    November 15 - Recommended Read
    • Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron 
    • Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
    • What the Librarian Did by Karina Bliss
    December 20 - Holiday Themes

    • Married for Christmas by Noelle Adams
    • Christmas Miracles by Mary Balogh
    • Lighting the Flames by Sarah Wendell

    3 comments:

    1. I'm thinking about signing up for this one. It really does look fun, and a good way to get myself to read those books collecting dust on my shelf. Also, SO EXCITED to see The Bride on your list. YOu know my love for Julie Garwood is insane and intense.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love doing this challenge so I highly recommend it! It has helped me clear out my shelves (print and digital) so much these past two years. Plus I have found some amazing books that I'm ashamed were just languishing for so long.

        Delete
    2. Thanks for signing up again! I hope Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist makes the cut (I loved that book!) and What The Librarian Did by Karina Bliss is also very good (Bliss in generally is....well, bliss).

      Quinn: I hope you decide to take the plunge! It really is a fun challenge.

      ReplyDelete

    Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.