Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Wednesday, December 14, 2016

2017 PICK YOUR GENRE READING CHALLENGE: Sign-Up Post


Hosted by Anna @ Herding Cats & Burning Soup/The Herd Presents.

This challenge is about diving into specific genres/sub genres you love or just want to check out in 2017. You get to pick your genre(s).  You can sign up here.

RULES:
  • The book just needs to fit your chosen genre(s).
  • Any book over 80 pages
  • Any format is fine.
  • Re-reads count!
  • You pick the number of books above that you'd like to read with a 12 book minimum.
  • In your sign up post indicate how many books you'll be attempting. You can always move that total up as the year goes!
  • You can pick multiple genres as long as you read 12 for each.
MY CHALLENGE GOALS:  I want to read 80 historical romances, 25 contemporary romances, and 30 paranormal romances/urban fantasies.

For my reading challenges, I always like to create a preliminary list of books that I want to complete. I usually like to look back at the end of the year and see how accurate my predictions were.  

Historical Romance Predictions
  1. Someone to Hold by Mary Balogh
  2. Blame It On the Duke by Lenora Bell
  3. Between the Devil and the Duke by Kelly Bowen
  4. The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne
  5. The Perks of Seducing a Wallflower by Tessa Dare
  6. The Truth About Love and Dukes by Laura Lee Guhrke
  7. Duke of Desire by Elizabeth Hoyt
  8. Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James
  9. The Pleasures of Passion by Sabrina Jeffries
  10. Breathless by Beverly Jenkins
  11. Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
  12. From Duke Till Dawn by Eva Leigh
  13. The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean
  14. The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband by Julia Quinn
  15. The English Duke by Karen Ranney
  16. Passion Favors the Bold by Theresa Romain
  17. Lord of Lies by Amy Sandas
  18. Mogul by Joanna Shupe
  19. A Counterfeit Heart by K.C. Bateman
  20. You May Kiss the Bride by Lisa Berne
Contemporary Romance
  1. Sweet Tea and Sympathy by Molly Harper
  2. The Thing About Love by Julie James
  3. Hold Me by Courtney Milan
  4. Pretty Face by Lucy Parker
  5. Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis
  6. One True Pairing by Cathy Yardley
  7. Change of Heart by Sonali Dev
  8. Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen
  9. Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen
  10. Idol by Kristen Callihan
  11. Overexposed by Megan Erickson
  12. The Goal by Elle Kennedy
  13. Grin and Beard It by Penny Reid
  14. Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh
Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
  1. White Hot by Ilona Andrews
  2. Sweet Ruin by Kresley Cole
  3. Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost
  4. Where the Wild Things Bite by Molly Harper
  5. The Accidental Sire by Molly Harper
  6. The Unyielding by Shelly Laurenston
  7. Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh
  8. Silver Silence by Nalini Singh
  9. Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
  10. Blood Red Kiss by Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter, Larissa Ione
  11. Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison
  12. Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones
  13. Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
  14. Blood Vow by JR Ward
  15. Book of Life by Deborah Harkness

2 comments:

  1. I have been deciding what reading challenges I want to join next year. I've done well on all of the ones this year. Although I'm a little short on my historical romance goals. I wanted to read 25, and I think I'm at 21 right now.

    I wish you luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking lists. Good luck with all three of them!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.