Tuesday, November 22, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Thanksgiving Freebie -- Books I'm Thankful For


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

There are so many books that I could be thankful for.  I had a hard time narrowing it down to ten, but I think I did a decent job.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling (YA fantasy)
Easy answer, but I can't think of what my life would be like without this series.

A Little Princess
2. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett (children's literature)
I loved everything about this story as a little girl.

There's a Nightmare in My Closet
3. There's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer (picture book)
The book that told my parents I was more than a bit obsessed with books.


Number the Stars
4. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (MG historical)
A big reason why I love historical fiction/historical romance nowadays.

Just Listen
5. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (YA contemporary)
The first literary protagonist that I completely related to.

To Kill a Mockingbird
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (literary fiction)
One of the only "assigned reading" books that I actually loved.

Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
7. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (contemporary romance)
One of my all-time comfort reads.

Meet Samantha: An American Girl (American Girls: Samantha, #1)
8. Meet Samantha: An American Girl by Susan S. Alder (children's historical fiction)
Another reason I love historical stories.

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
9. Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya (fantasy manga)
My first manga series!

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
10. Dark Lover by JR Ward (paranormal romance)
The book that helped me realize I could enjoy reading about literary vampires.

3 comments:

  1. HP would make the top of my list too! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read most of these books, and I agree they are amazing. I haven't read Just Listen, Dark Lover, Fruits Basket, or A Little Princess. I don't know if I could narrow it down to ten! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a wonderful list you have here!!! I Adored Dark Lover as well, and this author and Feehan made me realize that vampire romances could be written well!! Harry Potter was just amazing and did so much for reading for so many people both adults and kids.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.