Thursday, October 27, 2016

THEMES & TROPES: Childhood Friends

I love finding commonalities between my favorite books and how that helps define me as a reader.  So I decided to do a random feature where I focus on a specific theme/trope and provide a few examples of it. 

CHILDHOOD FRIENDS

These are romances where the couple has known each other since childhood.  Sometimes they are childhood sweethearts that were separated and have finally reunited.  Other times they suddenly discover that the person they desperately need has been around all along.  One main reason I love this trope is that it often goes along with my all-time favorite trope, unrequited love!

Historical Romance

As You Desire (Braxton, #1) Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5) A Raven's Heart Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1) Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #1) A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3) You're the Earl That I Want (The Lords of Worth, #3) When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)

  • As You Desire by Connie Brockway
  • Last Night's Scandal by Loretta Chase
  • A Raven's Heart by K.C. Bateman
  • Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas
  • The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne (REVIEW)
  • Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn (REVIEW)
  • A Lady By Midnight by Tessa Dare (REVIEW)
  • You're the Earl That I Want by Kelly Bowen (REVIEW)
  • When the Duke Was Wicked by Lorraine Heath (REVIEW)

Contemporary Romance

In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1) Hot Head (Head #1) The Bollywood Bride (Bollywood) Him (Him #1)

  • In the Clear by Tamara Morgan (REVIEW)
  • Hot Head by Damon Suede
  • The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev (REVIEW)
  • Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy (REVIEW)

Paranormal Romance

Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) Forevermore

  • Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh
  • Lover at Last by JR Ward (REVIEW)
  • Forevermore by Kristen Callihan (REVIEW)


LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A FAVORITE EXAMPLE OF THIS THEME THAT I SHOULD CHECK OUT.

1 comment:

  1. I really like childhood friends romances, too. I always think of Romancing Mister Bridgerton, which isn't exactly the same thing, because they weren't children. But they knew each other for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.