Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, August 11, 2016

NEW TO ME: Shadows and Lace by Teresa Medeiros

I love new releases as much as the next reader/blogger, but I really get a kick out of discovering books that has been around for awhile.  So, this feature is all about showcasing recent additions to my wishlist that have me wondering how I missed them until now.


Shadows and Lace (Brides Of Legend #1) 
Shadows and Lace by Teresa Medeiros
Brides of Legend #1
Historical Romance
Originally published in September 1990
With one roll of the dice, Rowena's drunken father gambled her away into the service of a dark and forbidding knight accused of murder. The Dark Lord of Caerleon used Rowena to slay the ghosts of his past, but he would be ensnared in his own trap--slave to a desire he could never hope to quench.
How did I discover it?
Renee at Addicted to Romance reviewed it and I was floored by the fact that I had never heard of it.  I went on a Medeiros binge when I first discovered historical romance, but somehow I skipped over Shadows and Lace.

Why did I add it to my wishlist?
The heroine being lost to the hero due to gambling debts or a card game is a theme that I tend to enjoy though I understand the issues others may have with it.  I also have been wanting to get back into medieval historicals and this is high on my priority list when I do so.


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I really think it's important to remember those backlist items. It's hard sometimes, but there are some real gems there too. I haven't read anything by Medeiros. Do you recommend her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh YAY!! *clapping hands* I am so glad you added this to your list. You will really love it.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.