Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, July 19, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books Set Outside the U.S. and Great Britain


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I added Great Britain to this week's topic because I read a ton of historical romances, most of which take place in England, Scotland, and Wales.

Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)
1. Rock Hard by Nalini Singh (contemporary romance) -- New Zealand

Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty, #1)
2. Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin (historical romance) -- China

Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2)
3. Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase (historical romance) -- Egypt

The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1)
4. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (contemporary romance) -- Australia

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemporary) -- France

Goddess of Yesterday
6. Goddess of Yesterday by Caroline B. Cooney (YA historical) -- Ancient Greece

Not Quite a Husband
7. Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas (historical romance) -- India

His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
8. His Wicked Kiss by Gaelen Foley (historical romance) -- Venezuela

On the Island (On the Island, #1)
9. On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves (contemporary romance) -- Desert Island

Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Saga, #4)
10. Slightly Tempted by Mary Balogh (historical romance) -- Belgium

4 comments:

  1. Most of the books I listed this week are set in the U.K. I tried to add some others though. I did add Rock Hard. I love that book, and the setting is AMAZING! I really would love to go to New Zealand. Also, Anna and the French Kiss! I forgot about The Rosie Project. I love that book. I haven't read any others, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about reading The Rose Project for a while now. It's on and off. First I say yes read it, then I don't want to...I guess we'll just have to see what happens! I'll keep it on my TBR just to be safe! Great Top Ten! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Love the inclusion of On the Island and Slightly Tempted. I love books set in NZ (have you read the Escape to NZ series by Rosalind James? It's fantastic) so curious about that Nalini Singh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Anna and the French Kiss sometime! Here’s my TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.