Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
1. I've been obsessed with books ever since I was little.
My parents claim that books were something that intrigued me even as a baby. I always wanted them to read to me and, once I learned how to read, I carried a book around with me everywhere.
2. I always gravitated (and still do) towards books that have some type of love story in them.
Romance is my favorite genre and that is obvious in my tastes even as a child.
3. I don't care for horror stories.
I don't mind books that have some scary moments, but I'm a baby and can't do a book that is completely horror.
4. I'm obsessed with any book that has a historical element to it.
This all started with the American Girl books which I discovered in early elementary school. Then I transitioned to the Dear America books and then to historical fiction/historical romance.
5. I don't mind books that make me cry.
Sometimes I need a good "book cry" moment, but I do have to be in the mood for them.
6. I tend to binge on an author when I first discover them.
I have an obsessive personality when it comes to things I like and that is very obvious when I first discover a new-to-me writer.
7. I am working on decreasing the size of my print TBR shelf.
I have actually cut my print TBR by half in the past year! Unfortunately, my digital TBR is climbing into the uncontrollable stage, but at least those books aren't cluttering up my study.
8. I love to read in bed before going to sleep or right after waking up.
Books relax me and help me not stress about what is going on in my personal/work life.
9. I am always on the hunt for books with female friendships at the center.
Friendship is so important to me and I am always fascinated by its portrayals in different books. I think a lot of that love comes from my late elementary school obsession with the Babysitter's Club series.
10. I love re-reading books, but don't do it as much as I used to.
There are just so many awesome new releases coming out all the time that I very rarely get to re-read my favorites. But, it is nice to have them there especially in the middle of a reading slump.