Tuesday, July 12, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Bookish Facts About Me


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

1. I've been obsessed with books ever since I was little.
My parents claim that books were something that intrigued me even as a baby.  I always wanted them to read to me and, once I learned how to read, I carried a book around with me everywhere.

2. I always gravitated (and still do) towards books that have some type of love story in them.
Romance is my favorite genre and that is obvious in my tastes even as a child.

3. I don't care for horror stories.
I don't mind books that have some scary moments, but I'm a baby and can't do a book that is completely horror.

4. I'm obsessed with any book that has a historical element to it.
This all started with the American Girl books which I discovered in early elementary school.  Then I transitioned to the Dear America books and then to historical fiction/historical romance.

5. I don't mind books that make me cry.
Sometimes I need a good "book cry" moment, but I do have to be in the mood for them.

6. I tend to binge on an author when I first discover them.
I have an obsessive personality when it comes to things I like and that is very obvious when I first discover a new-to-me writer.

7. I am working on decreasing the size of my print TBR shelf.
I have actually cut my print TBR by half in the past year!  Unfortunately, my digital TBR is climbing into the uncontrollable stage, but at least those books aren't cluttering up my study.

8. I love to read in bed before going to sleep or right after waking up.
Books relax me and help me not stress about what is going on in my personal/work life.

9. I am always on the hunt for books with female friendships at the center.
Friendship is so important to me and I am always fascinated by its portrayals in different books.  I think a lot of that love comes from my late elementary school obsession with the Babysitter's Club series.

10. I love re-reading books, but don't do it as much as I used to.
There are just so many awesome new releases coming out all the time that I very rarely get to re-read my favorites.  But, it is nice to have them there especially in the middle of a reading slump.

4 comments:

  1. I am the same way about romance in books! It's very rare for me to want to read a book knowing there won't be romance in it. Though, I have had books that didn't have romance in them that I loved, so I should probably try and get over that :p

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love re-reading books too but like you I don't get to do it very much, too many new books to read.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/top-ten-tuesday-65/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that make me cry. They always seem to end up being my favorites!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is such a great list you have here!!! I really have enjoyed books!! I love the historical element too. Ever since I fell in love with reading, that has been a secret love even before I fell in love with romance. Reading Before Bed is a must, I don't think a night goes by that I don't do that. However morning are hectic for me so that doesn't happen. I mostly read in afternoons (right after I get off work) and evenings. As for re reading, I usually try to do that a few times a month. It keeps me from going into book slumps.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.