Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, July 21, 2016

THEMES & TROPES: Funny Romances

I love finding commonalities between my favorite books and how that helps define me as a reader.  So I decided to do a random feature where I focus on a specific theme/trope and provide a few examples of it. 

FUNNY ROMANCES


HISTORICAL ROMANCE

When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1) Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2) Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1) How to Marry a Marquis (Agents of the Crown, #2) Love Is Blind My American Duchess Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)

  • When She Said I Do by Celeste Bradley
  • Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase
  • Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
  • How to Marry a Marquis by Julia Quinn
  • Love Is Blind by Lynsay Sands
  • My American Duchess by Eloisa James
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
  • When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE

See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) Just the Sexiest Man Alive It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
Saving the CEO (49th Floor, #1) My Bluegrass Baby (Bluegrass, #1) You Don't Have to Say You Love Me

  • See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
  • Cut & Run by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban
  • Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James
  • It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
  • Neanderthal Meets Human by Penny Reid
  • Saving the CEO by Jenny Holiday
  • My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper
  • You Don't To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning

PARANORMAL/FANTASY ROMANCE

Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1)
  • Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken
  • Soulless by Gail Carriger
  • Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
  • Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
  • The Unleashing by Shelly Laurenston
LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A FAVORITE EXAMPLE OF THIS THEME THAT I SHOULD CHECK OUT.

2 comments:

  1. Funny romances are my absolute favorite! I love How to Marry a Marquis, My American Duchess, Romancing the Duke, Just the Sexiest Man Alive, It Had to Be You, Neanderthal Seeks Human and Soulless! I also liked Nine Rules to Break, and Love is Blind. Funny romances just soooo work for me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I just love funny romances and they are so fantastic to read. I definitely agree with How To Marry a Marquis, so many moments and scenes in that book that makes you burst out laughing. Kieran Kramer, is so wonderful and she writes the sweetest and fun romances I have read in regency.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.