Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, June 21, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favorite Releases of 2016 (So Far)


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Listen to the Moon (Lively St. Lemeston, #3)
1. Listen to the Moon by Rose Lerner (historical romance)
Marriage of convenience story between a valet and a maid.

Hamilton: The Revolution
2. Hamilton: The Revolution by Jeremy McCarter and Lin-Manuel Miranda (nonfiction)
I'm obsessed with the musical so this insight into its creation and the lyric annotations was right up my alley.

Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10)
3. Duke of Sin by Elizabeth Hoyt (historical romance)
Reformed villainous duke who falls in love with his housekeeper.

The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, #2)
4. The Hunter by Kerrigan Byrne (historical romance)
An assassin is assigned to kill an actress, but falls in love with her instead.

Magnate (The Knickerbocker Club, #1)
5. Magnate by Joanna Shupe (historical romance)
Gilded Age NYC romance between a steel tycoon and the lady who wants his help starting her own brokerage firm.

Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
6. Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat (M/M fantasy)
Conclusion to an addicting trilogy that pits two rival princes together.

Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5)
7. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (YA science fiction)
Collection of novellas in the Lunar Chronicles world.

Six Degrees of Scandal (Scandalous, #4)
8. Six Degrees of Scandal by Caroline Linden (historical romance)
Second chance romance between a widow and a rake with a secret.

A Gentleman's Position (Society of Gentlemen, #3)
9. A Gentleman's Position by K.J. Charles (M/M historical)
Cyprian was a major side character in the earlier books in the series and it was great to see him finally get his happy ending...with his boss.

Us (Him #2)
10. Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy (M/M contemporary)
Ryan and Jamie's initial romance (Him) was great and I loved seeing them adjust to life as a couple.

5 comments:

  1. OMG yes Duke of Sin and The Hunter were both amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Hamilton book on my list too :) Anything to feed my obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Loved Us and I can't wait to read Duke of Sin

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't read ANY of these! How terrible is that? Although, as you know, I've recently discovered Elizabeth Hoyt, and I am SUCH a fangirl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desperately need that Hamilton book in my life! I also really need to read US - I read HIM last Christmas, so maybe I will save US for that and made it kind of a tradition.
    Thanks for sharing these and HAPPY READING :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.