Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, May 31, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Beach Reads


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

For me, beach reads are books that are engrossing and entertaining.  There is no particular genre that I focus on while I'm on vacation.  I just look for books that will grab me from the beginning and not let go until the conclusion.

The Royal We
1. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan (contemporary romance)
An American college student studies abroad in England and falls in love with the crown prince.
  A Summer to Remember (Bedwyn Saga, #.6)
2. A Summer to Remember by Mary Balogh (historical romance)
A sweet and emotional "fake engagement" story between two opposites.

Fallout (Lois Lane, #1)
3. Fallout by Gwenda Bond (YA science fiction)
Lois Lane solving mysteries and causing mischief in high school.

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
4. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (historical romance)
Lighthearted Beauty and the Beast retelling with some wonderful tidbits about fandom culture.

The Martian
5. The Martian by Andy Weir (science fiction)
Funny and absorbing look at an astronaut trying to survive on Mars alone.

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
6. Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster (steampunk romance)
Probably the darkest book on this list, but it is enthralling and extremely romantic.

The Shattered Court (The Four Arts, #1)
7. The Shattered Court by M.J. Scott (fantasy romance)
The fantasy world is wonderfully detailed and the romance is subtle, yet beautiful.

Forever Your Earl (The Wicked Quills of London, #1)
8. Forever Your Earl by Eva Leigh (historical romance)
Sassy writer heroine and the scandalous lord she follows around for her stories.

Act Like It
9. Act Like It by Lucy Parker (contemporary romance)
Two stage actors embark on a fake relationship for the press and end up falling in love for real.

This Is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1)
10. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (YA contemporary)
Light and cute YA romance between a teen idol and the small town girl who sees his true self.

4 comments:

  1. I checked out This Shattered Court from the library last year and then never got around to it. Maybe I will grab it again this year. I am horrible about checking out too many things from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romancing the Duke! Such a fun romp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romancing the Duke! That book has such a special place in my heart. I think any of Tessa Dare's books would be great beach reading. Well, at least the ones I've read so far. There are a few of her older titles I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list of summer reads you have here hun!! I really have been enjoying Mary Balogh. I do need to read The Royal We...I hear that is a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.