Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Friday, May 6, 2016

FRIDAY FUN: May 6, 2016

One of my favorite podcasts is NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour and my favorite segment on that show is the closing, "What is Making Me Happy".  I just love the idea of focusing on the good in a world that sometimes feels very negative.  So, I am going to try to bring some more happiness to my blog by focusing on a few things every week that have made me smile including next week's releases.

NEWS AND LINKS...

Image result for chris evans captain america 

1. Captain America: Civil War comes out today in U.S. and I am so excited!  I enjoy all the Marvel movies, but I have a major thing for Chris Evans's depiction of Captain America.  I also have a slight obsession with Chris Evans himself.  Hehe!


2. My Hamilton obsession is still going, but it has shifted a bit these past few weeks.  I finished listening to Lin-Manuel Miranda's first show, In the Heights, and I love it almost as much as I love HamiltonIn the Heights is very different plot-wise (obviously), but Lin-Manuel's style is still there...just more raw.  My favorite song is "96,000" which was performed at the 2008 Tony Awards (video above).


Image result for rosie and jessica's day of fun 

3. Rosie and Jessica's Day of Fun podcast is a great new discovery of mine.  Rosie and Jessica's conversations involve tons of things I enjoy like lists, food, clothes, and pop culture.  It also doesn't hurt that they are British so have amazing accents to listen to.


Wild Embrace US cover - Copy 

4. Cover reveal for Wild Embrace by Nalini Singh.  This is an anthology with four brand-new Psy-Changeling stories.  The Psy-Changeling series is one of my all-time favorites so I'm always up for more in that world.


Only Beloved (The Survivors' Club #7) 
 
5. Mary Balogh is one of my top ten historical romance authors and I am slowly making my way through her latest series, the Survivors Club.  The conclusion to that series (Only Beloved) was released Tuesday and there is a wonderful interview with Ms. Balogh over at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books.

CURRENT READS...

Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter, #0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 3.5) The Captive (Captive Hearts, #1) Hamilton: The Revolution

NEXT WEEK'S RELEASES...

Romancing The Fashionista (The Flirty Fashionistas, #1) Lessons In Pleasure



1 comment:

  1. I should really look into In the Heights. I remember when it first opened and it was a big deal. I was fairly young then, so I don't really remember much else. I also have a slight obsession with Chris Evans!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.