Friday, April 22, 2016

HISTORICAL ROMANCE 101: Tearjerker or Lighthearted or Both?

Historical Romance 101

HISTORICAL ROMANCE 101 is a celebration of the genre that will be occurring throughout the month of April. My blog along with On a Book BenderAddicted to Romance, and Quinn's Book Nook will be writing on a variety of topics every Monday and Friday in April.

TEARJERKER, LIGHTHEARTED, OR BOTH?

When it comes to mood in historical romance, I am pretty much up for anything.  I enjoy lighthearted stories as well as ones that make me cry buckets.  Usually my choice is made by my current mood.  When I am really stressed, I prefer a funny romp and then there are times where I need a good cry.  I also love it when I find books that combine laughter and crying.  The best of both worlds!


Tearjerkers

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3) The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2) When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) Simply Love (Simply Quartet #2) Flowers from the Storm

Texas Glory (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #2) Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) Broken Wing Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2)




Lighthearted

Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5) What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2) The Proposition My Dearest Enemy A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1) The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton (The Burgundy Club, #3) London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2) Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)



Combination 

When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6) The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) His at Night

To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5) Dreaming of You (The Gamblers, #2) A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) An Affair to Remember (Talisman Ring #1) Seducing Mr. Knightly (The Writing Girls, #4)



Do you prefer laughing or crying while reading historical romance?  Or do you enjoy books that make you do both?


TWITTER CHAT

Don't forget that there will be a #HR101 Twitter chat on Tuesday, April 26th at 9:00 p.m., est.

GIVEAWAY!!

There will be five winners: one grand prize winner, two runner-ups, two second runner-ups.
Winners will receive one or more historical romance novels. See below for specifics.
One entry per day per person throughout April.
You must be 18+ to enter.
Winners must live in the U.S.

The same rafflecopter is being used on all Historical Romance 101 blogs. You can only enter once a day regardless of which blog you visit to enter. Good luck!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. Great ones you have here!!! I like the combinations too!! Texas Glory and Flowers From The Storm are fabulous picks for tearjerkers!! Love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general, I prefer to laugh when I'm reading than to cry. But every once in a while I will read a more serious historical romance. I did just read The Serpent Prince, and that left me a bit emotional.

    But, for me, there is nothing as wonderful as a good laugh. I love What Happens in London, and a Week to Be Wicked! Definitely some of my all time favorites. i've read Married by Morning, but, you know, I can't remember a damn thing about it. I should really re-read all the Hathaway books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. Combination lighthearted and tearjerkers. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.