Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, March 22, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favorites I Haven't Mentioned Recently


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Just Listen
1. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (YA contemporary)
I love all of Dessen's books, but this is my favorite by far.  Annabel's story really resonates with me and Owen is just wonderful.

England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
2. England's Perfect Hero by Suzanne Enoch (historical romance)
The third in a trilogy, but can easily be read as a stand-alone.  I loved the character of Robert and how Lucinda helped him deal with his PTSD.

Tigers and Devils (Tigers and Devils #1)
3. Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy (M/M contemporary)
A great introduction to male/male romances.  This is a very sweet story of an Australian Rules football player and the film festival director he fell for.

Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
4. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund (YA science fiction)
A fabulous retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel with a teenage girl as the one who rescues others.

Games of Command
5. Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair (science fiction romance)
I don't read a ton of sci-fi, but I adore this book, mostly because of the hero who is a cyborg who is in love with his mortal enemy.

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
6. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper (paranormal romance)
A hilarious vampire romance with a children's librarian who is turned after getting mistaken for a deer and shot by drunk.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
7. Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA science fiction)
The first in a beautiful and thought-provoking trilogy about a girl who is awoken from a frozen sleep on a spaceship early.

Dance With Me
8. Dance With Me by Heidi Cullinan (M/M contemporary)
Cullinan is one of my favorite male/male authors and this was my first experience with her writing.  I loved the characterization of Laurie, the ostracized dancer, and Ed, an injured semi-pro football player.

Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1)
9. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (NA contemporary)
My first New Adult romance!  I loved the heroine and all the twists and turns in the plot.

Poison Study (Study, #1)
10. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (YA fantasy)
A well-developed and beautiful story about a prisoner turned food taster who becomes a major part of her country's revolution.

11 comments:

  1. Across the Universe was so good - the entire series! Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs sounds hilarious! :)


    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Girls is a lot of fun. I highly recommend listening to the audiobook if you can. The narrator really gets Molly Harper's sense of humor.

      Delete
  2. I adore Across a Star-Swept Sea! It's the BEST Scarlet Pimpernel retelling I've ever read. I still need to read Just Listen. And I've really been wanting to try Suzanne Enoch's books, but I haven't gotten there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinn, you would LOVE Just Listen. I think you will connect to Annabel like I did. And Enoch is a great historical writer. I recommend starting with England's Perfect Hero or London's Perfect Scoundrel.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, I love GAMES OF COMMAND!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm always happy to find people who have read it. It seems to be a bit of a hidden gem nowadays.

      Delete
  4. I kinda wanted to read Across the Universe due to the whole generation ship thing- I like that concept. Plus I heard the last book was kinda interesting when they get to the planet. I should check it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a great trilogy. There are so many twists and turns especially in the last book that I stayed up all night reading it the day it came out.

      Delete
  5. I adore Flat-Out Love so freaking much! Definitely underrated in my opinion! I own and really need to read Just Listen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poison Study sounds really interesting! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow....I have only read two on your list. I adored Suzanne Enoch's book. That is still on my top list of HR. Not a fan of Harpers vampire series, had a hard time getting into it. But maybe I should try out other books in the series and see if I like them better. I love Sci fi...so Games of Command is going on my list for the year. I think Sinclair is at my library.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.