Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, March 1, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books To Read If You Are In the Mood for a Good Cry


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I don't usually search out books that make me cry, but, every once in awhile, it is good to get a good emotional read.  So that is what I'm focusing for this week's TTT post.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
1. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
This is my all-time favorite series and it never fails to make me tear up when I re-read any of the books in it.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The sheer amount of brutality and kids dying had me crying while reading this.

Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
3. Carry the Ocean by Heidi Cullinan
The emotional journey of Jeremey and Emmet finding each other and figuring out how to get others to take their relationship seriously.

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
4. The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan
Violet's traumatic first marriage and desire to be recognized for her scientific achievements was heartbreaking and inspiring.

Dreamland
5. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Watching Caitlin and Rogerson's relationship slowly turn abusive was very eye-opening for me as a teenager.

Always to Remember
6. Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath
A man who was jailed as a traitor for refusing to fight in the Civil War returns to his hometown and is shunned.  Cue the waterworks...

The Fault in Our Stars
7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Most people know about the gut-wrenching impact of this book so I won't go into much more detail.  I read it once, loved it, and don't think I'll ever be able to read it again.

Morning Glory
8. Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer
Both Ellie and Will are in a dark place at the beginning and it takes time for them to finally find something beautiful together.

Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7)
9. Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Many books in this series are tearjerkers, but, for me, Valerius's tale of constantly being misunderstood and betrayed was the most emotional.

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
10. Lover Awakened by JR Ward
Ask anybody about a tearjerking paranormal romance and scarred, tortured Zsadist is almost always mentioned.

6 comments:

  1. I'll admit I'm never really looking for a book that will make me cry. I cry so easily in books, really. I have read Harry Potter, Dreamland, TFiOS, and definitely cried in them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I am so afraid to read TFiOS because I know it will make me sob! I cry easily at books as is so I can only imagine my reaction when I someday pluck up the courage to read this one :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fault in Our Stars did make me cry!! It is such a good read. Have you read The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein? This novel made me cry too.


    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/top-ten-tuesday-eleven-books-to-read-if.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased a Kindle version of Carry the Ocean, because it seems amazing. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those books that can make you cry!! I love Kenyon. I don't think I have read Always To Remember...but her older books always make me want to cry. Have you tried Rosanne Bittner? She writes the best romances that make you cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes these are perfect! Nothing like an emotional book to have a good cry. Wonderful post xx

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.