This is a returning feature where I "spotlight" a certain series that I love and recommend to other readers, inspired by Anna's Book Blog.
About the Series:
The Night Huntress books focus on half-vampire, half-human Cat Crawfield and her quest to learning more about her vampire heritage. Along the way she meets up with a powerful vampire known as Bones who is more than willing to guide her on her journey. It is an urban fantasy series that also focuses on the romance between Cat and Bones.
It includes seven full-length novels, five novellas, and one outtakes anthology. There is also a two book side series known as the Night Huntress World which focuses on Bones's best friend, Spade, and the god-like Egyptian vampire, Mencheres. There is also a spin-off series called the Night Prince quartet that features Bones's rival, Vlad Tepesh aka Dracula.
Books in the Series (in order):
Personal Notes About the Series:
- My favorite book in the series One Foot in the Grave due to all the drama with Cat and Bones.
- The cast of this series is just amazing and many of the characters are as richly detailed as the main couple. My particular favorites are Cat's best friend, Denise, and Bones's sire, Ian.
- Bones is my first book boyfriend and, as of this moment, still my number one. You can't beat a snarky British vampire bounty hunter.
- I highly recommend the audio narration of this series. Tavia Gilbert does a fantastic job with Cat and, while some people didn't care for it, I absolutely adored her take on Bones's Cockney accent.
Favorite Quotes From the Series:
- “I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need.” -- Halfway to the Grave
- “Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand.” -- This Side of the Grave
- “You're not a woman," he said finally. "You're the Grim Reaper with red hair!” -- Halfway to the Grave
- “Don't care for her tongue, do you? How strange. I find it one of my favorite parts." -- Destined for an Early Grave
- Much slower, I turned around to see Vlad examining his fingernails, as if his hands weren't still ablaze in the flames that had blasted the ghoul's head off moments before. "What the hell was that?" I gasped. "Premature inflammation," He replied. "Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing, I don't like to talk about it." -- This Side of the Grave