Friday, March 11, 2016

FRIDAY FUN: March 11, 2016

One of my favorite podcasts is NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour and my favorite segment on that show is the closing, "What is Making Me Happy".  I just love the idea of focusing on the good in a world that sometimes feels very negative.  So, I am going to try to bring some more happiness to my blog by focusing on a few things every week that have made me smile or laugh.

Image result for zootopia
1. Zootopia
On a whim, I went to see this movie and I loved it!  My interest was peaked by the hilarious Sloth trailer, but I'm happy to see there was so much more to it.  I loved the plucky heroine and her "frenemy" the fox just trying to make a living.  I also enjoyed the timely message about what happens when you judge others and how those opinions can affect society as a whole.

Image result for 100 greatest sports moments
2. 100 Greatest Moments in Sports History -- Sports Illustrated
I am a huge sports nerd especially when it comes to historical moments.  So I enjoyed spending a lot of time going through this list.

Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5) The Danger of Desire (Sinful Suitors, #3)
3. Cover Reveals for Tessa Dare and Sabrina Jeffries' new books.
These are two of my favorite authors so I was happy to see the covers of their upcoming releases.


4. Downton Abbey Series Finale
While the past few seasons haven't been my favorite, I was a little sad to see Downton Abbey end.  What got me through some of the ridiculous plots (murder prison, baby stealing, etc.) was the fashion.  So I was very happy to see this Fashionista blog post recapping some of the best outfits worn by the characters.  My particular favorite is Rose's wedding dress shown above.

It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)
5. Which Bridgerton Hero Is Your Soulmate?
In honor of the publication of Because of Miss Bridgerton, Julia Quinn and Avon Romance are doing a ton of fun promotions.  One that I just discovered was this quiz which will help you figure out who would be your own Bridgerton hero.  I got Gareth St. Clair from It's In His Kiss.  He wasn't my favorite (I'm an Anthony girl forever!), but it was fun.

Image result for barbie collector
6.  Barbie Doll Exhibition 
The Musee des Arts Decoratifs is paying tribute to Barbie with a beautiful exhibit.  You can find the museum's webpage here.  There are also a ton of great photos of the exhibit at Tom and Lorenzo's blog.


7.  Tournament Time!
March is always a great time due to the plethora of tournaments, basketball and other.  Two of my favorite non-athletic tournaments are getting ready to start: Fug Madness which honors the ugliest in celebrity fashion from the previous year and DABWAHA which focuses on romance novels published in the previous year.  Both are taking this year's nominees so check out Go Fug Yourself and Smart Bitches, Trashy Books for more information.

Image result for the setup wizard tumblr
8. The Setup Wizard
This is a fun Tumblr that imagines what it would be like to be a Muggle IT person who is hired to work at Hogwarts.  I giggled so hard at some of these especially the ones about the Mirror of Erised.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! Such a great post idea. I love the cover for Tessa Dare's new book! I cannot wait to read that one! And that Bridgerton Soulmate quiz! Too much fun! I got Simon, who I do like but I am an Anthony girl too!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.