Tuesday, February 16, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Songs I Would Like to See as Books


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I love music so I had a ton of fun going through my iPod and figuring out which songs made me want to know more.

1. Nemo -- Nightwish
I love the epic feel of this song and the lyrics really make me think of urban fantasy.

This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart as compass

2. Yearbook -- Hanson
I've loved this song since I was in middle school and I would love for an author to write a YA novel answering the question, "where did Johnny go?"

'Cause I'm looking through the yearbook then I find that empty space
No he never wrote me nothing but I can't forget his face
Then tell me where did he go I want to know, where did Johnny go
It says picture unavailable right here
More than sad it makes me mad to know somebody knows
There's a lying in your silence, tell me where did Johnny go

3. Sharada -- Skye Sweetnum
This sounds like a heroine that I would love to learn more about especially in a NA setting.

Dreaming all day, that's all she did
Ever since she was a little kid
All the teacher's thought that she was slow
She was just dreaming about her show
And when they told her she's delirious
She didn't care, she's just oblivious
She likes to make everyone curious
One day she's gonna be famous

4. A Demon's Fate by Within Temptation
Another epic song that mentions demons, angels, etc.  Sounds like paranormal romance to me!

Angels have faith
I don't want to be a part of his sin
I don't want to get lost in his world
I'm not playing this game

5. Miss Invisible -- Marie Digby
This song breaks my heart and would make a great angsty YA...with a happy ending, of course!

And one day just the same as the last
Just the days been in counting the time
Came a boy that sat under the bleachers just a little bit further behind...

6. Cry -- Kelly Clarkson
This song is really sad and would be a good theme for a break-up scene in a NA romance.

Is it over yet? 
Can I open my eyes?
Is this as hard as it gets?
Is this what it feels like to really cry, cry?

7. A Star-Crossed Wasteland -- In This Moment
I love the description of the wasteland in this song and want to see what type of urban fantasy novel can be imagined around it.

The dust is clearing, the desert is calm
The skies are all quiet and I can't make a sound.
And I just wait for you.
I'm calling for a savior to show me where to start.
And all who still remain are whispering in the dark.
And we just wait for a sign.

8. Ordinary Day -- Vanessa Carlton
A beautiful song that would make a beautiful contemporary romance.

Just a day, Just an ordinary day.
Just trying to get by.
Just a boy, Just an ordinary boy.
But he was looking to the sky.
And as he asked if I would come along
I started to realize
That everyday he finds
Just what he's looking for,
Like a shooting star he shines.

9. Remember When It Rained by Josh Groban
I wanted to have a song that reminded me of historical romance so this is what I picked.  Very poignant and timeless.

Remember when it rained 
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name
Remember when it rained
In the darkness I remain

10. Nice Guys by Chester See
This is a hilarious song about a guy doing all the wrong things in order to catch the girl of his dreams.  Sounds like a fun YA to me!

Nice guys finish last that’s why I’ll treat you like trash
It’s not what I really want to do
Oh.. You only date bad guys so I’ll give you my best try
To treat you the way you want me to

6 comments:

  1. I used to really like Marie Digby. Now I need to go home and find her CD. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HANSON! This song gave me such feels in 1998. Seriously, where did Jonny go? I still feel like I need to know. Thank you for reminding me of this epic song which I am going to force my daughter to listen to now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, Ordinary Day as a contemporary romance! Yes please! I love that song. I think that there was a dance number on SYTYCD a few years back to this song and it was beautiful. I think it was this song. It was definitely a Vanessa Carlton song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharada! I just love seeing Skye Sweetnam on your list - and that totally reminds me that I wanted one of her songs on MY list. Oh well. Anyhow, I love that song and definitely see it as a contemporary, though I do tend to picture it more as a YA rather than a NA I love your idea!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these are some great songs here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome way of linking songs with certain genre! So creative!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.