Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Saturday, January 30, 2016

UPCOMING RELEASES: February 2016

A list of new releases that grabbed my attention for the coming month. As always, release dates are subject to change.  All titles link back to Goodreads.

2/2
Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3) by C.S. Pacat (M/M fantasy)
I am on pins and needles waiting to see how this trilogy will end!

Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 3.6)
Stars Above (Lunar Chronicles #0.5, #0.6, #1.5, #3.1, 3.6) by Marissa Meyer (YA fantasy)
I always want more in the Lunar Chronicles world.

The Hunter (Victorian Rebels #2)
The Hunter (Victorian Rebels #2) by Kerrigan Byrne (historical romance)
I loved the first book in this series (The Highwayman) and ready to find out more about the mysterious assassin, Christopher Argent.

A Gentleman's Game (Romance of the Turf, #1)
A Gentleman's Game (Romance of the Turf #1) by Theresa Romain (historical romance)
I really enjoyed the prequel novella to the series (The Sport of Baronets) and am intrigued by the horse breeding element.

The Unforgettable Hero: A Playful Brides Story
The Unforgettable Hero (Playful Brides #4.5) by Valerie Bowman (historical romance)
Love this author so I'm definitely excited to read this.

Clockwork Heart (Clockwork Love, #1)
Clockwork Heart (Clockwork Love #1) by Heidi Cullinan (M/M steampunk)
An auto-buy author for me plus I am always in for steampunk!

Highland Spitfire
Highland Spitfire by Mary Wine (historical romance)
I've been wanting to read more Highlanders lately plus I read a fabulous review of this over at Addicted to Romance.

Brotherhood in Death (In Death, #42)
Brotherhood in Death (In Death #42) by JD Robb (romantic suspense)
Duh!  It is Eve and Roarke!

Winterwood (Rowankind, #1)
Winterwood (Rowankind #1) by Jacey Bedford (fantasy romance)
I've been into fantasy romances lately and I don't think I can resist this story of a cross-dressing pirate in an alternate Great Britain.

2/9
The Gladiator's Temptation (Champions of Rome #2)
The Gladiator's Temptation (Champions of Rome #2) by Jennifer D. Bokal (historical romance)
I'm trying to expand my historical reading and ancient Rome sounds like it will be an intriguing setting for a romance.

These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1)
These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks #1) by Tarun Shanker (YA paranormal)
This is being promoted as Jane Austen meets the X-Men so I am in!

Blackhearts
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman (YA historical)
The story of how Blackbeard became the infamous pirate?  I'm sold!

2/11
Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2)
Jockblocked (Gridiron #2) by Jen Frederick (NA contemporary)
I still need to real the first Gridiron book, but I am definitely interested in this NA sports romance.

2/15
Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt #1)
Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt #1) by K.A. Mitchell (M/M contemporary)
The blurb of this book clicks all my buttons: one hero moving on from an ex, a grouchy fellow student, and a steamy tutoring date.

How the Cookie Crumbles (Bluewater Bay, #12)
How the Cookie Crumbles (Bluewater Bay #12) by Jamie Samms (M/M contemporary)
Always ready to hang out in Bluewater Bay again!

2/16
A Convenient Engagement (Countess Scandals, #1)
A Convenient Engagement (Countess Scandals #1) by Kimberly Bell (historical romance)
Debut with a pretend engagement and a Scottish setting.

2/23
Tycoon
Tycoon (The Knickerbocker Club #0.5) by Joanna Shupe (historical romance)
I really liked Shupe's Wicked Deceptions series and I am happy to see that her next series is taking place in Gilded Age NYC.

Lady Bridget's Diary (Cavendish, #1)
Lady Bridget's Diary (Cavendish #1) by Maya Rodale (historical romance)
I love the idea of a group of Americans inheriting a title plus this book has a girl next door theme.

Fighting Dirty (Ultimate, #4)
Fighting Dirty (Ultimate #4) by Lori Foster (contemporary romance)
I've been wanting to try Lori Foster for awhile since Quinn loves her books so this sounds like a good way to start.

Along Came a Rogue (The Secret Life of Scoundrels, #2)
Along Came a Rogue (The Secret Life of Scoundrels #2) by Anna Harrington (historical romance)
I liked Harrington's debut (Dukes Are Forever) so I am ready to see what else she can do plus it has a best friend's sibling plot!

2 comments:

  1. I've read both Lady Bridget's Diary and Fighting Dirty. I enjoyed them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunter and Fighting Dirty are the two books I am most looking forward to!! I honestly can't wait to see how I enjoy The Hunter, especially since the first book was so phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.