Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, January 26, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Freebie -- Book Characters I Would Name a Pet After


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Image result for hagrid Image result for saint bernard
1. Hagrid -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
I think of a large, fluffy dog when I think of this name...probably a Newfoundland or a Saint Bernard.

Brotherhood in Death (In Death, #42) Image result for tuxedo cat
2. Roarke -- In Death series by JD Robb
I think this would make a great name for a male cat.

Image result for haruhi fujioka Image result for siamese cat
3. Haruhi -- Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori
Another cat name...this time for a girl.  In the manga, Haruhi is the calm in the chaos of the Host Club and that is a good role model for cats.

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) Image result for collie
4. Calpurnia -- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
This would good for either a dog or a cat.  I love the classic feel I get from it plus Callie would be a good nickname.

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Image result for papillon
5. Iko -- Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
I love this adorable android sidekick and think it would be a wonderful dog name.

Image result for persis across a star swept sea Image result for tabby cat
6. Persis -- Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
I really admire Persis's determination and intellect so I would give this to a cat.

 Image result for irish wolfhound
7. Oberon -- Iron Druid Chronicles series by Kevin Hearne
If I ever got an Irish wolfhound, I would have to name it, Oberon, after druid Attitcus's best animal friend.

Darkfever (Fever, #1) Image result for german shepherd
8. Jericho -- Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Very different and would be a great dog name.

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) Image result for black cat
9. Xhex -- Lover Mine by JR Ward
Definitely another cat name though I think people will be confused by the spelling.

Image result for captain wentworth Image result for orange cat
10. Captain Wentworth -- Persuasion by Jane Austen
My favorite hero from my favorite Austen book.  It would make a great name for a cat.

11 comments:

  1. I love your take on this week's theme! I always name my pets after characters in books or TV shows so I think this is perfect! And Hagrid would be a great name for a St. Bernard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, for years I've thought that Hagrid would be the perfect name for a Newfoundland. I really want to get a newfie and name her Hagrid. It would be the best. And I actually had a fish named Sir Percival Blakeney from The Scarlet Pimpernel! My friend calls me a dog named generator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea for this list! I especially love Hagrid as a large fluffy dog. I've never actually thought about naming a pet after a favorite book character, but now I will do nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROARKE!! :)New follower
    my ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-where-i-like-bad.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun freebie -- love how you matched the names with specific animals, too! I love the names Hagrid and Captain Wentworth for pets!!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. such great names you have listed. I do love the name Jericho and Calpurnia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Top 10 Tuesday!! and Haruhi is a great name. I have so many Anime characters I want to name my future pets after. I did my Top 10 POC Booktubers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is so awesome. Very fitting animal photos to go along with the names. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I definitely support the name/pet combinations of Iko and Jericho. And the cat you picked for Roarke looks almost just like my cat Allison.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your picture/pet choices for Iko and Capt. Wentworth haha! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have to name an Irish Wolfhound Oberon, too! :)

    My cat is named Finn after Huckleberry Finn! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.