Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, January 5, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2016 Blogger/Reader Resolutions


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

These are very similar to resolutions I have made in previous years, but I can always use improvements in these areas.

1. Read 160 books.
This is five books more than what I read in 2015.

2. Complete all reading challenges I signed up for.
You can check out the challenges here.

3. Listen to 15 audiobooks.
I became obsessed with podcasts in 2015 so I didn't get through very many audiobooks.  I want to get back to listening to these on a regular basis.

4. Catch up on 10 series.
I am behind on so many series that I need to catch up/finish.

5. Get my Netgalley status to 60%.
I got my status up in 2015, but not to where I think I can realistically get it to.

6. Use my local library more.
I use it a lot, but always want to support it.

7. Create at least 1 new feature for the blog.
I have had quite a bit of success with my Theme Thursday posts so I want to create another regular feature...maybe something with book covers or hidden gems.

8. Get at least two weeks ahead on blog posts.
I get in slumps regarding my blog schedule.  I desperately want to get ahead on both my reading/blogging so I don't stress as much.

9. Become more involved on social media.
I am getting more comfortable with Twitter, but think I can do so much more.

10. Comment more on other blogs.
Constantly need to work on this.





8 comments:

  1. I agree with using libraries more. I visit mine several times a month and always have more checked out than I can possibly read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What podcasts do you listen to? Are there any about romance novels? I listen to the Avon podcast sometimes, but I'd love some others.

    I also want to read 160 books this year. I usually read around 150, but in 2015 I read 155. So I feel like 160 is doable for me.

    I LOVE your Theme Thursday posts. One goal for me this year is to get a bit more creative with my blog. I'm starting a new feature called Q Recommends which will be me recommending books. Sort of like Reader Advisory. I am really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For podcasts, I listen to DBSA podcast (by the ladies who run Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and Dear Author), Pop Culture Happy Hour (NPR), Avon on the Air, Up Yours Downstairs (Downton Abbey snark), Pop Style Opinionfest (Tom & Lorenzo), and XOXO AfterDarkcast (Pocket Books).

      Delete
  3. Have you discovered PodioBooks (www.podiobooks.com)?

    Original, free audio novels delivered like a podcast. Best of both worlds!

    You can visit my TTT over at: www.nashvillebookword.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year I've signed up to do 2 reading challenges. It's going to be hard the finish the Popsugar reading challenge, but I sure am going to try!
    Good Luck!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on a lot of these! I'm aiming to blog ahead by 2 weeks as well to help relieve some of the stress. I have a long weekend coming up so that's the time that I'm hoping to get a little ahead.

    I'm also aiming to catch-up with several series this year. I'm really bad about starting a series and then just never finishing it.

    Good luck on all your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals to have!!! I love my library as well and try to use it as often as I can. I want to start doing Blog Ahead again too!! But first I have a couple other things I want to get done first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great goals you have here! Good luck to you in completing all of these in 2016!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.