Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Monday, December 21, 2015

TOP 10 OF 2015: Day 1 -- Best Books I've Read in 2015


Hosted by Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books, Rachel from Fiktshun, and Nancy from Tales of a Ravenous Reader!


DAY 1 -- BEST BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2015

Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14)
1. Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling #14) by Nalini Singh (paranormal romance)
An epic adventure romance between two people who have spent much of their lives repressing their emotions for their own sanity's sake.

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
2. Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marisa Meyer (YA science fiction)
It was everything I wanted in the conclusion to one of my all-time favorite YA series.  I thought the author balanced the four heroines (and romances) very well.

Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
3. Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt #1) by Heidi Cullinan (M/M contemporary)
Heartbreaking and hopeful, this is a romance between a sexy genius who happens to be on the autism spectrum and a young man who suffers from severe anxiety/depression.

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
4. Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels #4) by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy)
I finally started this extremely popular series this year and installment #4 was easily my favorite.  I loved the interactions between Kate and Curran in this one.

A Bollywood Affair
5. A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev (contemporary romance)
A beautifully written love story between a famous Bollywood director and a young woman who believes she is engaged to his brother.

The Luckiest Lady in London
6. The Luckiest Lady in London by Sherry Thomas (historical romance)
The hero of this book is an acquired taste yet I adored reading about him.  I have a weakness for damaged heroes who put on a facade for the outside world and the heroines who discover the truth.

Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)
7. Rock Hard by Nalini Singh (contemporary romance)
A former Rugby player turned businessman and his shy assistant who has a secretive past.

The Lady Hellion (Wicked Deceptions, #3)
8. The Lady Hellion by Joanna Shupe (historical romance)
A brilliant man who fears his own mind and a woman desperate to right the wrongs of British society.

The Royal We
9. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan (contemporary romance)
Inspired by the courtship of Kate Middleton and Prince William, the Fug Girls imagined what it would be like for the British heir to fall in love with an American college student.

When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)
10. When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare (historical romance)
A bookish heroine who invents a fiancee in order to avoid society and whose life is thrown for a loop when a man shows up claiming to be the hero she made up.

12 comments:

  1. The Luckiest Lady in London...This is really one of my fav romance reads of the last two years. So very good. So well-written. And with two characters unique to the genre. Just a great historical romance. Seeing this on your list makes me want to re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exactly the type of historical that I love. So many feels!

      Delete
  2. I LOVED A Bollywood Bride and Rock Hard! So much! I really liked When a Scot, although I didn't love it as much as I was expecting to. You know I didn't care much for The Luckiest Lady unfortunately. I do want to read The Royal We, I just haven't gotten there yet. And Winter . . . I'm stuck. I've read 67% and haven't gone any farther. I love it, but I'm just so stressed. That whole thing with Wolf. I can't handle it, Jennifer! I CAN'T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolf's storyline is stressful, but I promise it will be okay! Meyer does a great job with the ending, imo.

      Delete
  3. Great list! Ilona Andrews is always so much fun. I can't wait to get my hands on Shards of Hope. I've been waiting for the mass market to come out before I read that one. *chomps at bit* :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you think of Shards of Hope. I love where Nalini is taking the series now.

      Delete
  4. Awesome list they’re all such great picks! Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10 of 2015! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Top 10’s :D
    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. My co-blogger adored The Royal We. She has been pushing it on me since! Great list :)

    Amber | The Book Bratz
    My Top 10 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooo good! I went through so many emotions while reading it.

      Delete
  6. MMm, yes, if only #10 really does happen. I'll hop on my love letter writing right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was really able to identify with Maddie in that book.

      Delete
  7. Great list! I love Tessa Dare and plan to read that book soon.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.