Tuesday, November 17, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Quotes I Loved From My 2015 Reads


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I love quotes and I had a ton of them to choose for this topic.  I decided to divide them into two categories: Funny and Serious.

FUNNY
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
1. “What kind of a woman greets the Beast Lord with 'here, kitty, kitty'?” --Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1)
2. This was the kind of job that made legends out of hunters. Of course, to be a legend, you generally had to be dead. --Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)
3. Oh, Lord. Now he was not only an impoverished orphan, but an impoverished, unloved orphan with a passion for books. Her every feminine impulse jumped to attention. --When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare

Soulbound (Darkest London, #6)
4. With infinite care, as though he were handling a babe, he lifted the sword out, and a sigh seemed to go through him, "Ah, my lovely, it's been far too long."
"Shall I leave you two alone, then?" Eliza's lips twitched. She'd never seen such a look of reverence mixed with old familiarity. It was nearly indecent.
Adam spared her a glance, "Quiet, woman, a man's relationship with his sword is a sacred thing."
"So I've heard." 
--Soulbound by Kristen Callihan

The Martian
 5. Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped. -- The Martian by Andy Weir

SERIOUS
Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
6. "My emotions feel loud and big. It's hard for me to keep hold of them. They weigh me down. Make me heavy and tired and overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel like everyone else is carrying a bucket of water, but I'm trying to carry an ocean." --Carry the Ocean by Heidi Cullinan

The Escape (The Survivors' Club #3)
7. "One does tend to assume that life must be far easier for others than it ever is for oneself,” he said. “I suspect it rarely is. I daresay life was not meant to be easy.” --The Escape by Mary Balogh

Forever Your Earl (The Wicked Quills of London, #1)
8. "We're slow-moving targets, us writers of entertainment. They call us hacks, panderers, scribblers. You name an insult, I've heard it: our readers are fools; the writers themselves are imbeciles; we have no talent. And God forbid a woman should attempt to write something that isn't moralistic tripe. Then the insults are tripled." --Forever Your Earl by Eva Leigh

Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston, #1)
9. "It’s the worst sort of snobbery to condemn a book without reading it, merely because it’s popular." --Sweet Disorder by Rose Lerner

The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
10. "All our lives, we're told work hard, strive for more, do all you can to live that life less ordinary. Money, power, fame, everyone wants it. But you get there and suddenly you're supposed to be ashamed, be humble?" He shakes his head. "Fuck that noise. I say live your life on your terms. If someone judges you about material things, that's their problem." --The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan

5 comments:

  1. Great picks! Ilona Andrews is always a great one for a funny quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one from When a Scot Ties the Knot is just tooo funny! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely great to include both funny and serious! I love your picks from The Friend Zone and Escape!!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous list of quotes you have here hun!!! I love Callihan-- both her historical's and her contemporaries. I do need to read The Friend Zone soon though. And yay for Andrews---I love that quote, its probably one of my favorites since I started with Curran and Kate. They have such fun interactions with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick of quotes, Jennifer! I love Curran and Kate... that quote makes me giggle every single time I see it ;)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.