Tuesday, November 10, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book-to-Movie Adaptations I Still Need to Watch


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Despite my reservations, I am usually excited to see books that I enjoy depicted on screen.  This is a list of book-to-movie adaptations that I still need to check out.  Which of these should I watch first?  Are there any that I should skip?  Let me know in the comments!!

The Fault in Our Stars Image result for the fault in our stars
1. The Fault in Our Stars

The Book Thief Image result for the book thief
2. The Book Thief

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) Image result for angus thongs and perfect snogging
3. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) Image result for the lightning thief
4. The Lightning Thief

Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Image result for insurgent
5. Insurgent

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Image result for vampire academy
6. Vampire Academy

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) Image result for the maze runner
7. The Maze Runner

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) Image result for warm bodies
8. Warm Bodies

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) Image result for mortal instruments
9. City of Bones

The Great Gatsby Image result for the great gatsby
10. The Great Gatsby

7 comments:

  1. I really liked The Lightning Thief, but I haven't read the book on that one so I don't know how it compares. I still need to read and watch The Great Gatsby---the music is fabulous. I do want to see Maze Runner though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of these movies but I've heard AMAZING things about the movie version of The Great Gatsby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half your list is the same as mine lol. I really liked the Vampire Academy movie. It was campy but fun. And I haven't read Warm Bodies yet, but loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only seen a few of these. I did like Warm Bodies, although I never read the book. City of Bones was a bit of a let down, but I did like some of their casting choices. Especially Jace. He was very snarky. But they changed bits of the story that didn't make a ton of sense. I also didn't care much for The Lightning Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great movies on your list! I've seen and really enjoyed a lot of these - TFIOS, The Book Thief, The Maze Runner, Warm Bodies and The Great Gatsby. I have to admit to not enjoying Insurgent, it was nowhere near as good as Divergent was. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Gatsby! I still need to watch that one. I remember watching the Robert Redford version years ago. I'm excited to see what they did for the remake.

    I'm also curious about The Vampire Academy. I'm not sure if I'd watch the movie, but I'm thinking about reading the books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Book Thief is a great movie, you should definitely watch that one!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.