This year, instead of a separate historical or erotic challenge, Herding Cats & Burning Soup is doing something a little different. Everyone can pick their own genre to focus on in the challenge! Any genre is welcome even if not listed. You can tackle more than one genre too! Check out the sign-up post here.
- Challenge Dates: Jan 1, 2016 and ends Dec 31, 2016
- Once you've read it...review it then link it up!
- What Counts...
- Any book over 80ish pages counts (please no short stories)
- Books MUST be read in 2016
- All book formats count!
- Re-reads & challenge cross overs count!
- Anyone can join! If you don't blog you can use a dedicated shelf on Goodreads or similar.
- There's an event giveaway! Each review (one per book) left on a major platform--Goodreads, Amazon, etc--and linked in the review widget will be an entry for the end of the year.
- Quarterly Update posts will be done so we can see how everyone's doing and cheer each other along :) They'll count for the year end giveaway too!
- There's a FB group for the challenge--join to get book suggestions, socialize and get event news!
**you can join at any level and move it around during the challenge
- Level 1 (Sunbathing): 6 books
- Level 2 (Dipping the Toes): 12 books
- Level 3 (Wading In): 25 books
- Level 4 (Going for a Swim): 50 books
- Level 5 (Diving In): 75 books
- Level 6 (Cannon ball! ALL in!): 75+ books
MY CHALLENGE GOALS:
- Historical Romance -- Level 5 (Diving In): 75 books
- Contemporary Romance -- Level 3 (Wading In): 25 books
- M/M Romance -- Level 3 (Wading In): 25 books
- Paranormal Romance -- Level 3 (Wading In): 25 books
For my reading challenges, I always like to create a preliminary list of books that I want to complete. I usually like to look back at the end of the year and see how accurate my predictions were.
Historical Romance Predictions
- The Duke and Duchess Trap by Valerie Bowman
- Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James
- After the Wedding by Courtney Milan
- Lady Bridget's Diary by Maya Rodale
- Duke of My Heart by Kelly Bowen
- The Hunter by Kerrigan Byrne
- A Gentleman's Game by Theresa Romain
- Along Came a Rogue by Anna Harrington
- The Study of Seduction by Sabrina Jeffries
- Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
- The Earl Takes All by Lorraine Heath
- Temptations of a Wallflower by Eva Leigh
- The Untamed Earl by Valerie Bowman
- Duke of Sin by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Marrying Winterbourne by Lisa Kleypas
- Forevermore by Kristen Callihan
- The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne
Contemporary Romance Predictions
- The Score by Elle Kennedy
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
- Coming in from the Cold by Sarina Bowen
- Killer Queen by L.H. Cosway
- Still Life with Strings by L.H. Cosway
- Once and Always by Julia Harper
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne
- Stealing Second by Alison Packard
- Body Check by Elle Kennedy
- Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Laurens
- The Other Side of Us by Sarah Mayberry
- Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid
M/M Romance Predictions
- A Clean Break by Keira Andrews
- A Way Home by Keira Andrews
- Beguiled by Joanna Chambers
- Special Delivery by Heidi Cullinan
- Focus on Me by Megan Erickson
- The Bells of Times Square by Amy Lane
- Crash & Burn by Abigail Roux
- Cross & Crown by Abigail Roux
- A Fashionable Indulgence by K.J. Charles
- Mending Him by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon
- The Gentleman and the Lamplighter by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon
- Prosperity by Alexis Hall
- According to Hoyle by Abigail Roux
- Convincing the Secretary by Ava March
- Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat
- Big Vamp on Campus by Molly Harper
- Z by Larissa Ione
- Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh
- Where the Wild Things Bite by Molly Harper
- Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost
- Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost