Tuesday, September 1, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Characters I Just Didn't Click With


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

The Great Gatsby
1. Daisy -- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Just annoying and I never got what Gatsby saw in her.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
2. Cho -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
My blood boils just thinking about her!

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
3. Sookie -- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Bland and a total Mary Sue in my mind.

Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #10)
4. Abigail -- Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon
She was wishy-washy and I got tired of her never trusting Sundown.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
5. Gale -- Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I don't hate Gale, but he just never did much for me as a character.

Royally Lost
6. Becca -- Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
Immature and completely self-absorbed.

The Courtesan Duchess (Wicked Deceptions, #1)
7. Nick -- The Courtesan Duchess by Joanna Shupe
Treated the heroine badly and didn't grovel enough for me.

Flirting with Maybe
8. Brooke -- Flirting with Maybe by Wendy Higgins
Whiny, selfish, and ignorant.

Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone, #1)
9. Elle -- Wrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Roberts
Super snobby.

The Importance of Being Wicked (The Wild Quartet, #1)
10. Caroline -- The Importance of Being Wicked by Miranda Neville
Immature and very slow on the uptake when it came to her relationship with Castleton.

9 comments:

  1. I agree about Cho, I never really was impressed by her much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cho. She was nothing special and i always thought that Rowling could have picked a better character or other girl to catch Harry's interest.
    And i forgot about the Sookie Stackhouse series, or i could have included Bill! Well i got 10 for my list anyways...
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Harry Potter, but I get it about Cho. Well, I have read The Great Gatsby, but it was for school and truthfully I think I most skipped around. I don't think I clicked with anyone in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably the only person alive who hasn't yet read The Hunger Games but I've seen Gale pop up on a lot of lists today! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gale never did much for me as a character either.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/top-ten-tuesday-20/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually love Kenyon's heroines. I can't remember reading that one though. Huh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty interesting list! I can't remember much of Abigail so I'll have to re-read the book. I do have to agree with #10. She was just too much. She came off as flighty, immature and too wrapped up in herself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of COURSE Daisy, and Gatsby, for that matter! There are certain books that are American Classics that I feel have one-dimensional characters. Baz Lurhman's movie didn't win me over either!
    My Top 10: http://spinningjennysbookblog.blogspot.ca/2015/09/welcome-to-top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gale has come up on a lot of lists today, hasn't he.

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.