Sunday, September 13, 2015

WOULD YOU RATHER BOOK TAG

I was tagged by Quinn at Quinn's Book Nook to participate in the Would You Rather Tag (created by Rachel Reads).


1. Would you rather read only trilogies or standalones?
This is a difficult question.  I love stand-alones because a single story is very unusual nowadays.  But, I enjoy trilogies because they allow me to spend more time with characters that I enjoy.


2. Would you rather read only male or female authors?
I am trying to be more gender neutral with my reading, but I definitely would rather read female authors than male.  The main reason is because I love romance and that is a genre that is dominated by female writers.

3. Would you rather shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?Amazon.  I am not the biggest fan of their business choices, but I can't resist the prices.  I have tried to be a Barnes & Noble shopper, but I have the hardest time getting what I want.  When I am book shopping, I am usually after a specific title and B&N's in-store selections don't help with that.  These are times when I really miss Borders because my local store always had the latest releases and many backlists.

4. Would you rather all books become movies or TV shows?
I like the idea of them becoming TV shows because I think it allows for more of the story to be told.  Plus it is fun to see what the show writers come up with if it is successful and allowed to expand beyond the pages.


5. Would you rather read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
Definitely 5 books a week.  I would get so bored with the 5 pages a day thing.

6. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?
I do like to write, but I think I would rather be a reviewer.  I like talking about books I read and recommending them to others.

7. Would you rather read your top 20 favorite books over and over or or always read new ones you haven’t read before?
I was surprised by my answer to this one...always read new ones.  I love my favorites and it is always a treat to re-read them.  But, I am terrified that I would get sick of them after too long.  Plus, with only reading new releases, there is always the option that I will find another favorite to add to the list.

8. Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?
Well, I went to library school and work in an academic library so my answer is obvious.  I love the idea of recommending books (and other materials) to people for their own sake rather than for profit.  I feel like there is less pressure when money isn't involved as well.


9. Would you rather only read your favorite genre or every genre except your favorite?
Only my favorite genre.  Romance is huge so I will never run out of books to read plus they almost always make me happy.

10. Would you rather only read physical books or ebooks?
Gah...hardest question of the whole thing.  I still enjoy physical books, but I am becoming more and more addicted to ebooks.  I like the fact that I can bring my whole library with me everywhere.

I tag anybody who would like to participate.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Great answers you have here in this post. I miss Borders too...they always had such great selection. I still like Barnes and Noble, but normally I just browse the shelves and grab up a couple of books. But if I am looking for something specific I usually order through Book Depository. Not a fan of Amazon, and only buy books from them if its not available through B&N or Book Depo. I like ebooks as well, its more convenient and I can read anywhere, anytime. But paperbooks are way easier on my eyes, so I would prefer them to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the hardest question was if I would want to reread my favorites or read only new ones. That was just so hard. And I agree, there is no question that I would rather be a librarian. Plus, I feel like as a bookseller you want to promote the books you have in. whereas a librarian can promote any book (whethere old or new), and if it isn't in at the library we can find away to get it for them.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.