Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, August 4, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Fairy Tale Retellings I Want to Read


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.


Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
1. Winter by Marissa Meyer (YA science fiction)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves retelling

Cruel Beauty
2. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (YA fantasy)
Beauty and the Beast retelling

Book of a Thousand Days
3. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (YA fantasy)
Maid Maleen retelling

The Fairy Godmother (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #1)
4. The Fairy Godmother (Five Hundred Kingdoms #1) by Mercedes Lackey (fantasy romance)
Cinderella retelling

Of Beast and Beauty
5. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay (YA fantasy)
Beauty and the Beast retelling

Valiant
6. Valiant by Sarah McGuire (YA fantasy)
The Brave Little Tailor retelling

Daughter of the Forest  (Sevenwaters, #1)
7. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier (fantasy)
The Six Swans retelling

Sleeping Beauty
8. Sleeping Beauty by Judith Ivory (historical romance)
Sleeping Beauty retelling

Reforming Lord Ragsdale
9. Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly (historical romance)
Cinderella retelling

Uprooted
10. Uprooted by Naomi Novik (fantasy)
Beauty and the Beast retelling

4 comments:

  1. I need to read Book of a Thousand Days and Valiant too. I couldn't get into The Fairy Godmother, which made me sad. My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book of a Thousand Days! That's one of my favorites ever! It's a little bit of a slow start, but that's okay, and then it's amazing and you just end up loving the MC so much.

    Also, seriously Winter. I cannot wait to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uprooted shown up on a few lists today. And it does sound interesting so i will have to add it to my TBR pile.
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.