Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, August 18, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Auto-buy Authors


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
1. Courtney Milan 
I fell in love with her historical romances, but also enjoyed her foray into NA contemporary this year.  I like her strong heroines and attention to detail.

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
2. Molly Harper
Her sense of humor clicks with me and I finish all of her books with a smile on my face.

Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
3. Larissa Ione
Her paranormal romances are full of everything I love about the genre; fascinating characters, detailed worlds, series consistency, and plenty of sexytimes.

Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
4. Nalini Singh
She writes in three different genres (contemporary, paranormal, urban fantasy) and excels in all of them.

Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
5. Kristen Callihan
Her magical historical romance series is getting better with each installment and her NA romances are super swoon-worthy.

The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
6. Elizabeth Hoyt
I started reading her right after the release of her debut novel and continue to be impressed with her unique approach to historical romance.

A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
7. Tessa Dare
A pretty obvious answer to this topic.  She is one of my favorite current writers and I can't wait to read her latest which is getting great buzz.

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
8. Ilona Andrews
I just started reading this husband/wife duo late last year, but I am on my way to catching up with their impressive backlist.

Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
9. Heidi Cullinan
She writes male/male romances that take place in historical and modern-day settings.  She also knows how to bring the tears.

Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
10. Marie Sexton
One of the first male/male writers I discovered and I still impatiently wait for her new releases.

9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Hoyt and Nalini Singh are auto buy authors for me as well. Great list you have here. I agree with you on Molly Harper, she does such fantastic humor. Makes a serious plot seem lighthearted and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know that Harper is writing erotic paranormals too? Not usually my genre of choice, but, with her, I'll try anything!

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize Courtney Milan had written contemporary! Where have I been? lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has only written one NA contemporary (Trade Me) which I liked though I didn't think it was as good as her historicals. It is Milan's take on a billionaire hero.

      Delete
  3. Molly Harper! I love Molly Harper, especially when I can listen to them on audio. I still haven't read the Jane Jameson books though. And of course Tessa Dare!!! I really need to read more Courtney Milan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've actually "read" a Molly Harper book in a few years. I love Amanda Ronconi's narrations so much that I pre-order the audios.

      Delete
  4. So many good authors on this list! Courtney Milan reminds me that I need to read her NA book. I just listened to a podcast interview with her and it made me even more excited to pick up the NA. (And I'm so not an NA reader, but for Courtney Milan, I can be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trade Me wasn't perfect, but I did have a good time reading it. Milan's writing style is so engaging to me that I couldn't put it down. BTW, what podcast did an interview with her?!

      Delete
  5. Oh very nice list. Half of those are on my list too. Love Hoyt and Andrews and Harper and Ione. So many awesome reads from those ladies (and gent)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.