Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, August 6, 2015

THEME THURSDAY: Secondary Romances

This is part of a feature where I focus on a specific theme (or trope) that I have found in my years as a voracious reader/blogger.  I love finding commonalities between my favorite books and how that helps define me as a reader.

Please note this is not meant to be a comprehensive list.  I am just picking a few examples of this trope.  So, if you have a favorite example of this theme, let me know about it in the comments.  I'm always on the lookout for more books to be added to my wishlist.


SECONDARY ROMANCES
These are couples who get a full love story in the course of another romance novel.  I think it takes a skilled writer to do double-duty while making sure the secondary romance doesn't overshadow the primary love story.


The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)
Giles and Elinore -- The Perfect Waltz by Anne Gracie
Historical Romance -- Regency England

The Taming of the Duke (Essex Sisters, #3)
Gillian and Rafe -- Taming of the Duke by Eloisa James
Historical Romance -- Regency England

Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)
Livia and Gideon -- Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas
Historical Romance -- Victorian England

The Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2)
Anjan and Emily -- The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan
Historical Romance -- Victorian England

Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)
Tess and Leo -- London's Greatest Lovers trilogy by Lorraine Heath
Historical Romance -- Victorian England

Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
Ethan and Kristy -- Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Contemporary Romance

This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
Lilly and Liam -- This Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Contemporary Romance

Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
Walker and Lara -- Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Paranormal Romance

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)
Kynan and Gem -- Demonica series by Larissa Ione
Paranormal Romance

Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
Peabody and McNab -- In Death series by JD Robb
Romantic Suspense

All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter Christmas (Troubleshooters, #12)
Robin and Jules -- Troubleshooters series by Suzanne Brockmann
Romantic Suspense

Fruits Basket, Vol. 20 (Fruits Basket, #20)
Yuki and Machi -- Fruits Basket series by Natsuki Takaya
Young Adult Fantasy Manga

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
Christian/Lissa -- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Young Adult Paranormal

UPCOMING THEMES
  • Librarians -- August 13th
  • Troubled Marriages -- August 20th
  • Amnesia -- August 27th

2 comments:

  1. oh yes I am so glad you mentioned Jules and Robin, and I love their story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week's theme is librarians? Librarians!? Oh my gosh, I cannot wait. But anyway, I'm usually not so into secondary romances in books, but sometimes they work. I'm not too familiar with most of these books, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.