Saturday, August 1, 2015

MONTHLY RECAP: July 2015

LIFE AWAY FROM THE BLOG...

  • I went on vacation at the beginning of the month and it was a wonderful way to relax.  I got quite a bit of reading done, but mostly just enjoyed hanging with my family and eating a lot of great food.
  • I am, of course, obsessed with my summer TV loves: Big Brother and So You Think You Can Dance though the later show is getting stale to me.
  • I also binge-watched the entire first season of Amazon Instant Video's Catastrophe which isn't hard to do since it is only six episodes.  It is hilariously raunchy and very romantic!
  • I participated in the second HR101 Twitter Chat with some wonderful ladies this past week and had so much fun!  I love sharing recommendations and getting new ones from fans of my favorite genre.  We are doing another one on October 27th so I hope any historical romance lovers can join us!

BOOKS I READ... (in ratings order)

1. Finding Their Way (Restoration #2) by A.M. Arthur (M/M contemporary)
Just a wonderful story! Boxer was such a sweet character and shows that you should never judge someone based on their appearance. I wasn't sure about Riley at first due to all his secrets. But, he showed his true strength and I was fully invested in his journey.

2. Promises (Coda #1) by Marie Sexton (M/M contemporary)
An old favorite that I re-read.  My original review from 2011 can be found here.

3. Strawberries for Dessert (Coda #4) by Marie Sexton (M/M contemporary)
Since I re-read Promises, I had to re-read my favorite of all the Coda books.  My original review from 2013 can be found here.

4. The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors #1) by Sabrina Jeffries (historical romance)
My review can be found below.

5. Taking the Heat (Jackson: Girls Night Out #3) by Victoria Dahl (contemporary romance)
My review can be found below.

6. The Deep of the Sound (Bluewater Bay #8) by Amy Lane (M/M contemporary)
My review can be found below.

7. Saving the Rifleman (War Girls #1) by Julie Rowe (historical romance)
My review can be found below.

8. The Reluctant Hero by Lorraine Heath (historical romance)
This had a ton of potential with the writer heroine and the mysterious sheriff hero. I really wish it had been a full-length novel. The twist at the end was a fun aspect.

9. Your Wicked Heart (Rules of the Reckless #0.5) by Meredith Duran (historical romance)
Interesting start to a series.  I loved the unique setting and the practicality of the heroine.

10. The Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (Lords of Worth #2.5) by Kelly Bowen (historical romance)
Fun nautical setting with a surgeon hero.  Review coming in August.

11. Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling #14) by Nalini Singh (paranormal romance)
Just an amazing installment to an already wonderful series.  Review coming in August.

12. The Marriage Act by Alyssa Everett (historical romance)
My review can be found below.

13. Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love #3) by Ava March (M/M historical)
Very sexy and full of drama.  Review coming in August.

14. Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh (urban fantasy)
Another example of this author's amazing imagination.  Review coming in August.

15. Trust the Focus (In Focus #1) by Megan Erickson (M/M contemporary)
Sweet road trip love story involving two best friends.  Review coming in August.

REVIEWS I PUBLISHED...
MEMES I PARTICIPATED IN...

Top Ten Tuesday
Stacking the Shelves
Lusting For Covers 
OTHER POSTS... 

4 comments:

  1. Great month you have had here!! I had fun with the histrom101...I hope we do that every few months..its so fun! I never realized how fun twitter chats could be haha. Now I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great vacation!

    This is probably going to be my last season of SYTYCD. It's just not the same, almost like they are trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun at the HistRom101 chat too. I'm so glad we're having another one. You're doing really well on your reading challenges, too! I can't believe it's August, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw yay for vacation! It's always nice to have a bit of down time with the family :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.