Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, August 16, 2015

LUSTING FOR COVERS: Grave Phantoms

Photobucket 
Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.  It is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.

Grave Phantoms (Roaring Twenties, #3)
Grave Phantoms by Jenn Bennett
Published May 5, 2015
Feisty flapper Astrid Magnusson is home from college and yearning for the one thing that’s always been off limits: Bo Yeung, her notorious bootlegging brother’s second-in-command. Unfortunately her dream of an easy reunion proves difficult after a violent storm sends a mysterious yacht crashing into the Magnussons’ docks. What’s worse, the boat disappeared a year ago, and the survivors are acting strangely…
Bo has worked with the Magnusson family for years, doing whatever is needed, including keeping his boss’s younger sister out of trouble—and his hands to himself. Of course, that isn’t so easy after Astrid has a haunting vision about the yacht’s disappearance, plunging them into an underground world of old money and dark magic. Danger will drive them closer together, but surviving their own forbidden feelings could be the bigger risk.
I love the 1920s fashion especially the heroine's headband.  The I also am happy to see that the male cover model is Asian since that is Bo's ethnicity.  That doesn't happen too often and I am happy the publisher took that detail into account.

7 comments:

  1. its always great when they match details of the characters with the cover...makes it seem more realistic. The covers for this series are just fantastic and I can't wait to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my favorite cover of the trilogy!

      Delete
  2. Lovely cover -- and I'm glad that authors are branching out into other historical settings and eras like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love Regency/Victorian England, but it is refreshing to read about a different time and place.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I love that retro cover and I heard the novel is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently read book one in the series and liked it. I'm excited to get to this one soon.

      Delete
  4. That is a pretty cover. and I love blue headband. Pretty

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.