Thursday, July 23, 2015

THEME THURSDAY: Strong Sibling Relationships in Historical Romance

This is part of a feature where I focus on a specific theme (or trope) that I have found in my years as a voracious reader/blogger.  I love finding commonalities between my favorite books and how that helps define me as a reader.

Please note this is not meant to be a comprehensive list.  I am just picking a few examples of this trope.  So, if you have a favorite example of this theme, let me know about it in the comments.  I'm always on the lookout for more books to be added to my wishlist.


STRONG SIBLING RELATIONSHIPS IN HISTORICAL ROMANCE

This is a long list and it was actually going to be longer, but I decided to look at siblings that don't get a ton of attention.  Almost any historical romance fan knows about the Bridgertons and the Hathaways so I wanted to shift the focus.  There are many more that I can add to this list so look out for a part two sometime.  And, of course, I have to check out fun sibling relationships in other genres as well.

Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1)Brighter Than the Sun (The Lyndon Sisters, #2)
Victoria and Ellie Lyndon
Everything and the Moon and Brighter Than the Sun by Julia Quinn

Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
Aline, Livia, and Marcus Marsden
Again the Magic and It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas

Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
Temperance, Silence, and Winter Makepeace
Wicked Intentions, Scandalous Desires, and Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt

A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
Minerva and Diana Highwood
A Week To Be Wicked and Beauty and the Blacksmith by Tessa Dare

Unveiled (Turner, #1)Unclaimed (Turner, #2)Unraveled (Turner, #3)
Ash, Mark, and Smite Turner
Unveiled, Unclaimed, and Unraveled by Courtney Milan

Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1)Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3)
Dallas, Houston, and Austin Leigh
Texas Destiny, Texas Glory, and Texas Splendor by Lorraine Heath

Much Ado About You (Essex Sisters, #1)Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)The Taming of the Duke (Essex Sisters, #3)Pleasure for Pleasure (Essex Sisters, #4)
Tess, Annabel, Imogen, and Josie Essex
Much Ado About You, Kiss Me Annabel, The Taming of the Duke, and Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
Gabriel and Nicholas St. John and Juliana Fiori
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean

Miss Wonderful (Carsington Brothers, #1)Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2)Lord Perfect  (Carsington Brothers, #3)Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
Alistair, Rupert, Benedict, and Darius Carsington
Miss Wonderful, Mr. Impossible, Lord Perfect, Not Quite a Lady by Loretta Chase

After Midnight (Cabot, #1)The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
Caroline and Portia Cabot; Adrian and Julian Kane
After Midnight and The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros

A Kiss to Remember (Fairleigh Sisters, #1)One Night Of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2)
Laura and Lottie Fairleigh
A Kiss to Remember and One Night of Scandal by Teresa Medeiros

The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1)The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3)The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)
Prudence, Charity, Hope, Faith, and Grace Merridew
The Perfect Rake, The Perfect Waltz, The Perfect Stranger, and The Perfect Kiss by Anne Gracie

The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
Lady of Desire (Knight Miscellany, #4)One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
Robert, Lucien, Damien, Jacinda, Alec, and Jack Knight
The Duke, Lord of Fire, Lord of Ice, Lady of Desire, One Night of Sin and His Wicked Kiss by Gaelen Foley

In the Prince's Bed (Royal Brotherhood, #1)To Pleasure a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #2)One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
Alec Black, Marcus North, and Gavin Byrne
In the Prince's Bed, To Pleasure a Prince, and One Night with a Prince by Sabrina Jeffries

UPCOMING THEMES
  • Returning Soldiers -- July 30th
  • Secondary Romances -- August 6th
  • Librarians -- August 13th

5 comments:

  1. oh my you listed so many great siblings here!! I love the Leigh Brothers, and oh the Byrne's love them all!!! That just might be my fav series from Jeffries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to re-read the Royal Brotherhood series. I remember enjoying it, but it was so long ago that I've forgotten quite a bit though the scene were the hero in the second book (Marcus) discovers his heroine's big secret has always stayed with me.

      Delete
  2. I'm becoming a fan of Grace Burrowes's Windham family. It's a big one, but they're fun. Not as lighthearted as JQ, but... still good. :) Love your choices from Tessa Dare and CM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of the Windham series on my e-reader and need to start them sometime. Glad to hear a rec from you!

      Delete
  3. I love this topic especially! I think I am so drawn to sibling relationships in books because I'm an only child and I wish I had a sister or brother to be close to. I especially love Victoria and Ellie. Brighter Than the Sun is a favorite of mine. Actually, now I kind of want to reread it.

    I also love the relationship between Kate and her sister in the Viscount Who Loved Me (I can't remember her name) and the relationship between Penelope and Felicity in Romancing Mr. Bridgerton. JQ really does family stuff well.

    And I am always a sucker for the big family contemporary romances like Bella Andre's Sullivans, and Nora Roberts MacGregors.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.