Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Saturday, July 18, 2015

SUMMER READING BOOK TAG

I discovered this book tag at Quinn's Book Nook and just had to do it as a celebration of summer!

Golden Sun: Pick a book that made you smile beyond compare
The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
Kate and Anthony are just adorable together and their story makes me so happy every time I read it.

Tropical Flowers: A book set in a foreign country
Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)
Rock Hard by Nalini Singh
It takes place in New Zealand which I know very little about.  But, I want to visit it now!

Beach Sand: A book that was grainy and the plot barely developed
Cloaked
Cloaked by Alex Flinn
I liked some of Flinn's other fairy tale retellings, but this one never got off the ground for me.  I found it dull and never finished it.

Green Grass: pick a character that is full of life, making you smile
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
Jane Jameson -- Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
Jane is a former librarian who was turned into a vampire after being mistaken for a deer and shot by a drunk.  Despite this mishap, she continues to be so lively and funny.

Watermelon: A book with juicy characters
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
I just started this series in 2015 and have been so engrossed in the sheer amount of interesting characters that keep popping up.  My particular favorites are Kate, Curran, Raphael, and Derek.

Sun hat: A book that had a vast universe/setting
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
This is a bit of a cop-out answer, but I have a hard time thinking of another book/series that has such amazing world building.

BBQ: A book in which the character was portrayed as a hunk
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
 Image result for bones night huntress
Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost -- Bones
My ultimate book boyfriend!  
“If I die, I will wait for you, do you understand? No matter how long. I will watch from beyond to make sure you live every year you have to its fullest, and then we’ll have so much to talk about when I see you again…"

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't this a super fun tag? And I love your choice of The Viscout Who Loved Me! Kate and Anthony totally are adorable. I love their bickering, and, of course, the Pall Mall scene!!!

    Rock Hard's setting in New Zealand was amazing, too! It made me REALLY want to go visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat and Bones are just so fun together!! Although I love all of Frost's couples in the Huntress world, I think I would have a difficult time choosing my favorite. And Rock Hard is AMAZING!!I just adore that book. I think I am due for a re read. And Kate and Anthony, oh their bantering and antics are so entertaining, and one of my favorite books of the series. And I agree with Quinn...the PALL MALL SCENE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.