Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Saturday, July 25, 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES (79)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.  I have changed my blog schedule around a bit so I will be publishing a new StS every couple of weeks.

It has been over a month since my last StS post so I have a lot to share with you all!
 
~BOUGHT~

Gabriel: Lord of Regrets (Lonely Lords, #5)
Gabriel: Lord of Regrets (Lonely Lords #5) by Grace Burrowes (historical romance)
I know many readers/bloggers adore Burrowes.  This particular story involves a portrait painter heroine and the guy who is trying to protect her.

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1)
Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Laurens (contemporary romance)
Another popular author that I need to try.  This book focuses on a recent college grad's one night stand with a sexy French guy that turns into much more.

Fireheart
Fireheart (Fire Maiden #1) by Natalia Marx (fantasy romance)
I got this based on a rec by Smexybooks.  I like the idea that the heroine is the one with the army and the hero needs her help.

Nobody's Hero (Letting Go, #1)
Nobody's Hero (Letting Go #1) by J. Leigh Bailey (M/M contemporary)
Sounds like an emotional read!  Many bloggers rave about this and the sequel comes out next month.

Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1)
Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices #1) by Shelley Adina (steampunk)
I bought it on sale and based on many recs I've seen for the series as a whole.  I am a sucker for well-done steampunk so I have to give it a try. 

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14)
Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling #14) by Nalini Singh (paranormal romance)
One of my favorite series that just gets more wonderful with each installment.

The Geography of You and Me
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (YA contemporary)
I need to read more YA and I did enjoy Smith's other book, This is What Happy Looks Like.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

The Bollywood Bride
The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev (contemporary romance)
I loved Dev's debut novel, A Bollywood Affair, and I have high expectations for this follow-up.  Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington!

The Shepherd and the Solicitor
The Shepherd and the Solicitor by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon (M/M historical)
These historicals are so good!  They really transport the reader and help them feel the danger facing gay couples at this time.  Thanks to Netgalley and Samhain Publishing!

The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels #1)
The Highwayman (To Tempt a Highlander #1) by Kerrigan Byrne (historical romance)
Heard a lot of buzz about this from bloggers/readers who went to the RT convention.  It sounds like it is full of adventure!  Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press!

A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal
A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (Lords of Worth #2.5) by Kelly Bowen (historical romance)
I already read this nautical-themed novella and really enjoyed it!  The hero is a surgeon and the heroine is the sister of an earl who is trying to find her way.  Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing!

Falling Into Bed with a Duke (The Hellions of Havisham, #1)
Falling into Bed with a Duke (Hellions of Havisham #1) by Lorraine Heath (historical romance)
A spin-off series to the Scandalous Gentleman of St. John books.  This first installment features Dodger's daughter Minerva who choses spinsterhood over fortune hunters.  Thanks to Edelweiss and Avon!

High Country Spring (Las Morenas, #3)
High Country Spring (Las Morenas #3) by Genevieve Turner (historical romance)
I discovered Ms. Turner earlier this summer when I read (and liked) the first Las Morenas book, The Farmer Takes a Wife.  I do enjoy a good western so I'm excited to read it.  Thanks to Netgalley and Penny Bright Publishing!

Highlander Undone
Highlander Undone by Connie Brockway (historical romance)
Love this author and am always excited for new work from her.  Thanks to Netgalley and Montlake Romance!

Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love, #3)
Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love #3) by Ava March (M/M historical)
The author that got me into male/male historical romance!  Thanks to Netgalley and Carina Press!

8 comments:

  1. So many good books you have here!! I am really excited to read Shards Of Hope and Falling into Bed with a Duke. Hope you enjoy reading all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to read "Sweet Filthy Boy" but it just keeps sitting on my Kindle. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see lots of excellent books in this haul. I actually got to meet Sonali Dev at Lady Jane's Salon this past tuesday. Hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books and have a great weekend!

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, nice haul :) Second of all, I love Nalini Singh's books! I read Shards of Hope when it released and it was really good ;) I haven't had a chance to try Christina Lauren's books yet but I am hoping to do that this summer. I hope you have a nice week and enjoy your new books!

    My StS

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read The Geography of You and Me! Looks good! Great haul!

    Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody's Hero sounds really interesting! I'm surprised that I've not heard of it until now.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy all of your books! :) The Geography of You and Me is SUPER cute. :)

    My STtS

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.