Tuesday, June 23, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favorite TTT Topics From the Past Five Years


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This has been the longest-running meme on my blog so thanks to The Broke and Bookish ladies for coming up with some fabulous topics over the years.

1. Childhood Favorites
I enjoyed the nostalgia that this topic brought.  It was also interesting to see how my current tastes were influenced by what I loved as a child.

2. Theme Songs
I love music so, obviously, I had a blast with this one.

3. Series I Haven't Started Yet
Looking back on this topic, I was a little depressed about the fact that I've still only started two of these series and it has been over two years.

4. Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels
A couple of the books I mentioned have actually gotten sequels, but I'm still waiting on the others.

5. Series Enders
Very few series (IMO) end with as much or better than the original so I was happy to focus on the ones that did.

6. Gateway Books in My Reading Journey
This one had similar answers to the Childhood Favorites topic, but it allowed me to really track my interests.

7. Book Cover Trends
I'm fascinated by the choices publishing companies and (sometimes) authors make in creating their covers so it was fun to think about what I personally like.

8. Bookish Bucket List
I've never been into bucket lists, but this was a whole lot of fun to figure out.

9. Words or Topics That Attract Me to a Book
I believe the ladies at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books refer to these as one's "catnip" which allows me to truly understand my personal tastes.

10. Modern Books Paired with Required Reading Books
This is one of the topics that really made me think.  I may do another version of this one on the next Rewind day.


6 comments:

  1. Childhood favorites was a fun one...it was great to look back and see how your tastes have changed or stayed the same. Also Book Cover Trends, it has changed so much from when I first started reading romance to now. Some I like and some I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this weeks topic, I'm getting to see so many topics that I have missed. You chose some brilliant TTT posts. The book cover trends was one I took part in and really loved, it made my list too. The theme song one is a great choice too, wish I'd taken part in that one. Here's my TTT if you want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do the theme song topic, too! That would be a lot of fun!

    Check out my TTT and Unpopular Opinions Tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun with that one! I actually did it again on a Rewind week. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Gateway books! That was a fun topic to put a post around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also did childhood favorites. Theme song would have a lot of fun as well.

    Great list! I loved all the ones you listed.

    Here's mine

    I also have a $30 giveaway going on here."

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.