Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, June 2, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I'd Love to See as Movies or TV Shows


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I participated in this topic back in 2013 and you can find that post here.  This one is an addition to the original.

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
1. Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy)
A fascinating supernatural world with a huge cast of characters and one hella of a protagonist in Kate that would make a fun TV show.

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemporary)
Sometimes you just want to go see a romantic and optimistic teen romance in the movie theater and I think this one would work especially with the Parisian setting.

What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2)
3. What Happens in London by Julia Quinn (historical romance)
Historicals are hard to think about in terms of TV or movies, but I think this would be a great romantic comedy with fabulous period costumes.

This Lullaby
4. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen (YA contemporary)
Dessen has already had two books turned into a film and I think the storyline of this one would be just as fabulous on the big screen.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
5. Angelfall by Susan Ee (urban fantasy)
The sheer epic nature of this post-apocalyptic world would be wonderful as a movie.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA science fiction)
This could be a TV show in the veil of The 100 with some interesting characters and thought-provoking questions about human morality/ethics.

The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1)
7. The Ivy Years series by Sarina Bowen (NA contemporary)
I could see this working as an ABC Family series about Harkness College and its diverse student body.  The hockey aspect would be a bonus!

The Royal We
8. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan (contemporary romance)
It may seem too similar to The Princess Diaries at first, but I think could make a fascinating movie on its own merits.

A Bollywood Affair
9. A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev (contemporary romance)
I just would love to see a mix of classic Bollywood with a little Hollywood flair as a romantic comedy.

The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)
10. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy (MG fantasy)
This comedic look at the various Prince Charmings from fairy tales would be an adorable animated future like How to Train Your Dragon. 

5 comments:

  1. Julia Quinn would be great for a movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, What Happens in London as a historical rom com! Brilliant! I want to watch it right this freaking minute! And The Hero's Guide books would be great movies! I should have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read most of these, but obviously they are all good books. I would love to see the world of Across the Universe come to life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I would so watch a Kate Daniels television show! I adore that series and it would be perfect for a tv show. There's plenty of stuff to do week to week and still have the overarching theme for the season. Such a good idea!

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.