Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Saturday, June 6, 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES (77)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.  I have changed my blog schedule around a bit so I will be publishing a new StS every other week.

 
~BOUGHT~

Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers, #1)
Nice Dragons Finish List (Heartstrikers #1) by Rachel Aaron (urban fantasy)
I am a fan of dragons so, when I listened to an interview with the author on the DBSA podcast, I knew I had to check this book out.  A dragon beta hero with a crush on his best friend?  I'm sold!!

After Hours
After Hours by Cara McKenna (contemporary erotic romance)
This is a book that I have seen around the blogosphere for awhile and I knew I had to get it when it went on sale last week.  It is supposed to be very steamy and dark so I will save this for a rainy Sunday, I'm thinking.

Hades (Demonica, #11.5; Lords of Deliverance 6.5)
Hades (Demonica #11.5) by Larissa Ione (paranormal romance)
Probably one of my top PNR series.  This is a novella about the blue mohawk-sporting jailer of the Underworld and the fallen angel he lusts after.  I already read (and liked ) this book so my review will be published next week.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~

Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
Magic Rises (Kate Daniels #6) by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy)
What can I say about this series that I haven't in said in my many reviews?  It is fabulous and I look forward to continuing it.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat #5) by Alison Packard (contemporary romance)
I liked another book in this baseball-themed series (The Winning Season) so, when I saw it on Netgalley, I decided to give Packard another try.

Lead Me Not
Lead Me Not by Ann Gallagher (m/m contemporary)
I usually avoid religion and politics in my fictional choices.  But, the premise of this book intrigues plus I found out that Gallagher is a pseudonym for L.A. Witt who I trust with controversial topics.

The Major's Faux Fiancee (The Dukes of War, #4)
The Major's Faux Fiancee (Dukes of War #4) by Erica Ridley (historical romance)
This series isn't the best I've read in HR, but there is something about the author's writing that keeps me coming back.  I finished it this week and thought it was the best so far.  My review will be published soon.

4 comments:

  1. You got some amazing books this week. They look amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to read Erica Ridley!! I keep hearing some great things about this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would really like them! The Major's Faux Fiancee has been my favorite so far. The first Dukes of War book (The Viscount's Christmas Temptation) is free on Amazon if you want to give her style a try.

      Delete
  3. I read an Alison Packard book a few months ago and really enjoyed it. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.