Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, June 21, 2015

LUSTING FOR COVERS: The Great Estate

Photobucket 

Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.  It is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.

The Great Estate (Thornbrook Park, #3) 
The Great Estate (Thornbrook Park #3) by Sherri Browning
Pulled apart by past mistakes...
Sophia Thorne was young and inexperienced when she married the dashing Earl of Averford . . . and through dark and troubled times, their relationship nearly came to an end. Now she's determined to transform herself into the fiery, ardent lover she always wanted to be, giving them a second chance at love . . . before they're lost to each other forever.
Driven by a passion neither could deny...
It took nearly losing Sophia for Gabriel to realize he had allowed his love for his great estate to distract him from his beautiful wife. But that time is over. Despite all the obstacles standing in their way, Gabriel vows to teach Sophia what it is to truly love . . . and to be loved by a husband devoted heart and soul to her every desire.
I think the Edwardian-era fashion is really pretty here.  The light coming in from the window provides a nice highlight for their faces.  I also appreciated the fact that both of them look like real people rather than photoshopped to death.

5 comments:

  1. Great pick!! I love this cover too...has a different theme to it than most other historical's. Hopefully I can get this read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm loving that pose, there's some major smolder going on between the two! And her dress is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to add this one to my list.

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice real people, but your point is accurate and I love the light too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sourcebooks are really good about not photoshopping the covers to death. I do like this cover, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick I absolutly love this cover it is very beautiful I love the eloquent of the cover it makes it sooo gorgous! thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.