Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, May 10, 2015

WEEKLY RECAP: May 3-May 9, 2015


THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

A Bollywood Affair
A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev (contemporary romance)
An emotional and funny romance between a Bollywood director and a small-town Indian girl.  I loved the inclusion of Indian culture and how different it made the story.  Review coming soon.

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
The Deal by Elle Kennedy (NA contemporary)
I had a high expectations for this and they were met!  I adore sports romances and really seem to be getting into them in a New Adult setting.  Review coming soon.

Viscount of Vice (Covent Garden Cubs, #0.5)
Viscount of Vice by Shana Galen (historical romance)
This was an okay romance that did one thing it was supposed to: intrigue me enough to want to seek out the rest of the series. The love story between Flynn and Emma was boring to me and I found myself flipping pages until I got to any mention of the dastardly Satin and Flynn's long-lost brother Robbie. I am looking forward to learning more about Satin in the Covent Garden Cubs series and, of course, I am already anticipating Robbie getting his own story soon.


CURRENTLY READING


The Friend Zone (Game On, #2) Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk, #5)

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES AND LINKS

1. Obviously, news about baby Princess Charlotte was everywhere this week.  I thought this piece about the media's response to The Royal Baby in History was very interesting.

2. Historical romance author has a new nonfiction book called Dangerous Books for Girls: The Bad Reputation of Romance Novels Explained.  To promote it, she wrote a fascinating article, 7 Reasons It's Actually Totally Feminist To Read and Write Romance Novels, Thank You Very Much that I want to hand out to everyone who disses this genre.

3. I love fashion especially the history of it.  So I thoroughly enjoyed What Are Historical Broads Always Talking About in Fashion Plates?.

NEXT WEEK'S NEW RELEASES


The Reluctant Hero The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #3) The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)     
End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3) Born of Defiance (The League, #8) 

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for Reluctant Hero...because quite frankly I can't get enough of Lorraine Heath. And doesn't she write the best westerns? Yay for reading The Deal. What a great book that is...way better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to reading your review. Hope you have a fun reading week.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.