Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, May 31, 2015

WEEKLY RECAP: May 24-30, 2015

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

Dearest Rogue by Elizabeth Hoyt -- Two characters who just work together. Their story is engrossing and steamy like most of Ms. Hoyt's romances.  Review linked above.

The Lady Hellion by Joanna Shupe -- My favorite of the series.  A great heroine and a vulnerable, but still sexy hero.  Review coming soon.

Hades by Larissa Ione -- Loved getting to know the jailer of Sheoul "Hell" and the fallen angel who catches his eye.  Just wish it was longer.  Review coming soon.

The Farmer Takes a Wife by Genevieve Turner -- A freebie I got based on a Twitter rec from Cecilia Grant.  Very sweet novella with a super shy farmer.  Review coming soon.

Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews -- Showcases what Kate and Curran were doing while Andrea was dealing with Egyptian gods in Gunmetal Magic.  Lots of fun like the rest of this series.


CURRENTLY READING


Wedding Favors (Bluewater Bay, #7) The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)


MISCELLANEOUS NOTES AND LINKS
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am finally over my little reading slump from the past few weeks.  I've had a series of four-star reads that are making me happy!
  • I got a Scribd account last week and, while I haven't read too many books from it, I definitely think it will be worth the money.  I'm trying to work on my impulsive book buying habits and I'm hoping this will help.
  • I went to see the new Mad Max movie on an impulse and was shocked by how much I loved it.  Action movies like that usually aren't my thing, but the cinematography was so impressive plus I loved the feminist overtones.  I want to be Imperator Furiosa!  Not sure if it is for you...here is one of the reviews that convinced me to try it at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books.
  • I am quickly making my way through The Flash TV show.  Love the sexy, nerdy hero and his equally dorkable friends.  The only part I'm not enjoying is the portrayal of Iris, Barry Allen's big crush.  She has some serious TSTL moments...
  •  One of my all-time favorite TV shows is starting up again on Monday...So You Think You Can Dance!  I'm not sure about the new format or the new judges, but I am always happy to watch fabulous dancing.
NEXT WEEK'S NEW RELEASES

Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11) The Major's Faux Fiancee (The Dukes of War, #4) The Last True Vampire (Last True Vampire, #1) The Shadow Revolution (Crown & Key, #1) Night of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #3) Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.