Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, May 3, 2015

WEEKLY RECAP: April 26-May 2, 2015


THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

The Unlikely Lady (Playful Brides, #3)
The Unlikely Lady (Playful Brides #3) by Valerie Bowman (historical romance)
A fun hate-to-love story between a bluestocking determined never to marry and a aristocratic former soldier.  Jane and Garrett have been circling around each other throughout this series and I liked their story though I do wish one of the secondary characters would have been handled differently.  Review coming next week.

The Royal We
The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan (contemporary romance)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this contemporary obviously inspired by the current Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, but it was a ton of fun! A lot of insight into what it might be like to marry into a royal family and the desire of everyone to find love. Review coming soon.

CURRENTLY READING


Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk, #5) The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES AND LINKS

1. As you might be able to tell, I am changing a few things up with the blog this week.  I have decided to make Weekly Recap a separate post again rather than putting it at the end of my Stacking the Shelves post.  Speaking of StS, I will now be participating in that feature every other week since I often have weeks where I've only received one or two books.  I am also going to be debuting a new (hopefully) weekly feature called Theme Thursday where I feature a particular theme or trope in romance or young adult fiction and some of the books that fall into that category.

2. My family dealt with our second funeral of the month this week.  These are the times that I am thankful for books and my blog since they help keep me sane through the sadness and the family drama.

3. I had an absolute blast with the #HistRom101 Twitter chat Tuesday night.  I thought the turn-out was great and just enjoyed chatting with other people about my favorite genre.  Plus I got some new books to check out!  We are doing another chat on Tuesday July 28th at 9 pm (eastern time) for anyone who wants to join.

4. Saturday was the Kentucky Derby, my home city of Louisville's day to shine!  Of course, there are many other events surrounding the two minute horse race to partake in.  My personal favorite is the enormous fireworks show that kicks of the Kentucky Derby Festival called Thunder Over Louisville.  Yahoo did a decent beginner's guide to the Kentucky Derby and the traditions associated with it.

5. I'm seeing the new Avengers movie today (May 3rd) and am super excited!  I am a huge fan of all of the characters especially Captain America and, of course, Black Widow.  The lovely ladies at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books put together a fun Romance Readers' Guide to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in honor of the release.  Are you a big comic book movie fan?  Have you seen Age of Ultron yet?  Did you like it?


NEXT WEEK'S NEW RELEASES

Saint Anything The Friend Zone (Game On, #2) The Unlikely Lady (Playful Brides, #3) A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) The Novice (Summoner, #1) Crimson Bound The Fill-In Boyfriend The Summer After You and Me

1 comment:

  1. wow look at all of this!! I have been curious about Royal We....I think I might want to get it soon. Hope you are liking The Deal...I have that on my NOOK but trying to catch up on all of my ARC first and then I can get back to reading my books that I have bought but yet to read. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.