Tuesday, May 26, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Beach Reads


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Summer Is for Lovers (Second Sons, #2)
1. Summer Is For Lovers by Jennifer McQuiston (historical romance)
Fun, light-hearted romance that takes place in Brighton!  Perfect for the beach!

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
2. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (urban fantasy)
Super funny and a great start to a series.

My Dearest Enemy
3. My Dearest Enemy by Connie Brockway (historical romance)
Another light historical with wonderful character interactions.

A Bollywood Affair
4. A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev (contemporary romance)
I just read this and think the sweet romance would be great for vacation.

A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
5. A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare (historical romance)
The first in the Spindle Cove books with two entertaining people falling in love.

Fangirl
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (YA contemporary)
This has some emotional moments, but the overall feel is just so adorable.

This is What Happy Looks Like
7. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (YA contemporary)
Involves a beach town and a Hollywood actor falling for an everyday girl.

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
8. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning (contemporary romance)
Very long, but has a fun heroine and plenty of humor.

Better Homes and Hauntings
9. Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper (paranormal romance)
Obviously, this is hilarious and the ghost story aspect gives it something extra.

The Last Best Kiss
10. The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik (YA contemporary)
A retelling of Persuasion with a scene at a music festival.

4 comments:

  1. I also have Summer Is for Lover on my list as well...that is such a great summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list of books to read at the beach!! Here is a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-plan-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! It's been years since I read a Connie Brockway, but I remember loving her stuff. My Greatest Enemy was a fun time. I might have to hunt down another book by her to read for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I loved Fangirl and I also must read the Last Best Kiss!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.