Tuesday, April 14, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Inspiring Quotes From Books


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

1. "Don't think or judge, just listen." -- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

2. "Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken." -- Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

3. "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." -- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

4. “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” -- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling

5. “Time has no dominion over love. Love is the one thing that transcends time.” -- One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

6. “Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are.” -- Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

7. “I don't believe in fashion. I believe in costume. Life is too short to be same person every day.” -- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

8. “Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” -- Across the Universe by Beth Revis

9. “Because without our language, we have lost ourselves. Who are we without our words?” -- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

10. “No one is innocent in the tide of history. Everyone has kings and slaves in his past. Everyone has saints and sinners. We are not to blame for the actions of our ancestors. We can only try to be the best we can, no matter what our heritage, to strive for a better future for all.” -- Across a Star Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund

3 comments:

  1. oh great selection of quotes. I loved the one from Sugar Daddy...I really want to start re reading her books, especially this series before brown eyed girl comes out. Sugar Daddy is such a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that one from Across a Star-Swept Sea is fantastic. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of just want to cry after reading all these quotes. Love the one from Sugar Daddy, and Faefever, and Across a Star Swept Sea....and all of them. ALL OF THEM.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.