Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Sunday, March 29, 2015

UPCOMING RELEASES: April 2015

A list of new releases that grabbed my attention for the coming month. As always, release dates are subject to change.

The Royal We 
The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan 
Contemporary Romance -- April 7th
Love the Go Fug Yourself blog and am interested to see Heather and Jessica's fiction writing.

The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)
The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James #3) by Lorraine Heath
Historical Romance -- April 28th
Love the St. James parents and children.  I'm excited to see Avendale get his own story.

The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)
The Eternity Key (Into the Dark #2) by Bree Despain
Young Adult Paranormal -- April 28th
I enjoyed the first in this series (The Shadow Princeinspired by the Persephone/Hades and Eurydice/Orpheus myths.  I have an ARC of this book.

Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
Carry the Ocean (Roosevelt #1) by Heidi Cullinan
Male/Male Contemporary -- April 7th
Nobody can compete with Cullinan when it comes to emotional, but sweet m/m romance.  I have an ARC of this book.

Omega City (Omega City, #1)
Omega City (Omega City #1) by Diana Peterfreund
Middle Grade Fantasy -- April 28th
A fun-sounding story with conspiracy theories, rockets, and a mysterious doomsday bunker from the author of For Darkness Shows the Stars and Across a Star-Swept Sea.  I have an ARC of this book.

Crushed (Redemption, #2)
Crushed (Redemption #2) by Lauren Layne
New Adult Contemporary -- April 14th
I loved the first Redemption book and liked the second.  I'm looking forward to Michael getting his happy ending.  I have an ARC of this book.

The Harlot Countess (Wicked Deceptions, #2)
The Harlot Countess (Wicked Deceptions #2) by Joanna Shupe
Historical Romance -- April 28th
This book involves a female political cartoonist and her favorite person to attack...a rising Parliamentary star.  I have an ARC of this book.

Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1)
Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep
Young Adult Paranormal -- April 28th
New from the author of the Mythos Academy series.  Focuses on family feuds and magical powers.

The Boy Most Likely To
The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Young Adult Contemporary -- April 14th
I liked My Life Next Door and am ready to return to the world of the Garrett family.

Wrong About the Guy
Wrong About the Guy by Claire LaZebnik
Young Adult Contemporary -- April 21st
Author of Epic Fail and The Last Best Kiss takes on another classic Austen, Emma.

Royally Ever After
Royally Ever After by Loretta Chase
Historical Romance -- April 7th
One of the best HR writers out there with two novellas from previously released anthologies.

Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #1)
Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn #1) by Lori Goldstein 
Young Adult Fantasy -- April 28th
I've never read a YA book with genies so I'm intrigued.  I have an ARC of this book.

Wedding Favors (Bluewater Bay, #7)
Wedding Favors (Bluewater Bay #7) by Anne Tenino
Male/Male Contemporary -- April 13th
Another in this adorable series about a small town invaded by a television shoot.

The Shattered Court (A Novel of the Four Arts, #1)
The Shattered Court (A Novel of Four Arts #1) by M.J. Scott
Young Adult Fantasy -- April 28th
Interesting premise with witches, political intrigue, and the disruption of tradition.

A Dance with Danger (Rebels and Lovers)
A Dance with Danger (Tang Dynasty #5) by Jeannie Lin
Historical Romance -- April 21st
Lin's Chinese-set historicals are a breath of fresh air and I always enjoy them.  I have an ARC of this book.

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13)
The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood #13) by JR Ward
Paranormal Romance -- April 7th
I'm a few books behind on this series.  I'm still interested, but am more hesitant than I used to be.

Things We Know by Heart
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby
Young Adult Contemporary -- April 21st
I haven't read anything by this author, but I know she is a favorite of many.  I have an ARC of this book.

Attraction (Elements of Chemistry, #1)
Attraction (Elements of Chemistry #1) by Penny Reid
New Adult Contemporary -- April 9th
Reid's adult romances are smart and hilarious so I'm sure this series will be no different.

An Ember in the Ashes
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Young Adult Fantasy -- April 28th
Inspired by ancient Rome with an undercover heroine and a soldier planning his desertion?  I'm sold!!

Lady Sarah's Sinful Desires (Secrets at Thorncliff Manor, #1)
Lady Sarah's Sinful Desires (Secrets at Thornhill Manor #1) by Sophie Barnes
Historical Romance -- April 28th
Sounds like my type of historical with secrets, beautiful estates, and heroes hunting for brides.

The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)
The Girl at Midnight (Girl at Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey
Young Adult Paranormal -- April 28th
A beautiful cover with an equally intriguing premise: an ancient people with feathers in their hair and the journey for a mythical being known as the Firebird.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read The Duke and Lady in Red...Heath is so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.