Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, March 10, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books For Readers Who Like Dual Points of View


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

One literary trend that I have gotten into lately is the dual points of view.  I have primarily seen this used in young adult and new adult fiction.  What I like about it is the fact that (when done right) it allows readers to see different perspectives of the same scenario.  The character development is always interesting in books with this narration style as well.

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
1. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead (YA paranormal)
Adrian -- A brooding Moroi (good vampire) party boy.
Sydney -- An alchemist obsessed with order, coffee, and fast cars.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA science fiction)
Amy -- Teenager who wakes up early on a space flight to another planetary system.
Elder -- The captain-in-training of the Godspeed.

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (YA contemporary)
Echo -- A girl who went from popular to loner in the span of one night.
Noah -- The bad boy who seems to the be only one who understands Echo.

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
4. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (YA contemporary)
Brittany -- A teenager with hidden issues at home.
Alex -- A gang member desperate to find something to live for.


These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
5. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner (YA science fiction)
Lilac -- Daughter of one of the richest men in the universe.
Tarver -- A soldier who tries to get himself and Lilac across an abandoned planet.


Legend (Legend, #1)
6. Legend by Marie Lu (YA dystopian)
June -- A military prodigy who is destined to be a high-ranking official in the Republic.
Day -- The Republic's most wanted criminal.


Isn't She Lovely (Redemption, #0.5)
7. Isn't She Lovely by Lauren Layne (NA contemporary)
Ethan -- A rich boy who concocts a scheme to get his mother off his back about reuniting with his ex-girlfriend.
Stephanie -- A film student who offers to act as Ethan's girlfriend in exchange for room and board.

The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3)
8. The Understatement of the Year by Sarina Bowen (NA contemporary)
Michael -- A closeted hockey player who is turned upside down when his first crush reappears.
John -- A hockey player who was kicked off his previous team after being outed by a teammate.

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
9. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (YA paranormal)
Evie -- A New Orleans good girl who suffers hallucinations that prove themselves to be visions.
Jack -- A sexy bad boy who agrees to help Evie on her quest through the post-apocalyptic world to find the origin of these visions.


The Hook Up (Game On, #1)
10. The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan (NA contemporary)
Anna -- A college senior with mommy issues who is trying to figure out her path after graduation.
Drew -- Star quarterback who falls for Anna very early on in the book.

Honorable Mentions: This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith, Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain, Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill

8 comments:

  1. Nice. I haven't read a ton of books with duel points of view, but I've decided that it takes a lot of talent to do it right. I have an idea that's on the shelf for now because I'm too busy with my other writing, but some day I'll dust it off and write it and it is told by identical sisters. :)

    Visiting from the TTT link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great topic! :) I really need to read These Broken Stars, I've heard nothing but great things about it. Poison Princess sounds like a fab read, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list of books for this week's TTT post!! Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-for-readers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these. I would like to try The Hook Up though. I do love that author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have a handful of those on my list. Cole, Layne, and Mead all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I've added all the NA to my list of books to read. I usually hate and avoid YA like the plague so all the others are easily put aside for me.
    How about a similar post with other genres, historical or contemporary, no YA?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cora Carmack writes great dual POV stories too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Across the Universe and These Broken Stars are both fantastic reads and I'm glad to see them getting the love they deserve! :)
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.