Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, March 3, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: All-Time Favorite Books From the Past Three Years


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This was a hard one to narrow down!  I ended up just picking the 5 star reads that stood out the most to me over the past three years. 

Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
1. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
A fabulous science fiction retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel with a female protagonist!

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
2. The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan
A heartbreaking, but still inspiring look at the Victorian scientific community and the women who tried to break into it. 

Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
3. Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
The mysterious Ghost is finally revealed and the Psy-Changeling world takes a huge step forward.

A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
4. A Lady By Midnight by Tessa Dare
A woman with a past connects with a seemingly cold-hearted militia commander.

Fangirl
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
A look at one girl's first year of college as she navigates without her twin sister and dealing with her own fictional obsession.

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
6. Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
The first in a series about a gritty, steampunk version of London that involves vampires and werewolves.

Innocent in Death (In Death, #24)
7. Innocent in Death by JD Robb
Eve Dallas has to solve the murder of a beloved teacher and deal with a woman from her husband's past who seems to want him back.

Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
8. Evernight by Kristen Callihan
A metal elemental tries to save the sanity of the demon she was forced to experiment on earlier in the series.

Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
9. Chained By Night by Larissa Ione
A vampire leader must go through rigorous tests with his betrothed's sister.

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
10. Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
A mercenary must deal with a deadly threat to her city while balancing a romance with a werelion.

4 comments:

  1. It's not on my list but Fangirl is definitely one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just kicking myself for forgetting to include Rainbow Rowell on my TTT! Seriously, Quinn! I LOVE Fangirl like crazy. And of course Across a Star-Swept Sea. I love Tessa Dare, but I didn't love that one quite as much as some of her others. But still, you just can't go wrong with a Dare book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a few of my faves. Love JD Robb and enjoy Andrews in the past. I need to get caught up on Ione!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you listed some that I liked quite a bit. Chained By Night was so good.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.