Thursday, March 26, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (67)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)
The Duke (Knights Miscellany #1) by Gaelen Foley
Originally published in 2000

Driven to uncover the truth about the mysterious death of his ladylove, the Duke of Hawkscliffe will go to any lengths to unmask a murderer. Even if it means jeopardizing his reputation by engaging in a scandalous affair with London's most provocative courtesan--the desirable but aloof Belinda Hamilton.

Bel has used her intelligence and wit to charm the city's titled gentlemen, while struggling to put the pieces of her life back together. She needs a protector, so she accepts Hawk's invitation to become his mistress in name only. He asks nothing of her body, but seeks her help in snaring the same man who shattered her virtue. Together they tempt the unforgiving wrath of society--until their risky charade turns into a dangerous attraction, and Bel must make a devastating decision that could ruin her last chance at love. . . .

6 comments:

  1. You know, I've been curious about Gaelen Foley since I first started getting into historical romance back in college. I even remember looking at this book on Amazon. I don't know why I never tried it. Have you read any of her books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have read this book and the rest of the Knights Miscellany series. It was so long ago that I don't remember much beyond that I enjoyed it. I wish I had time to re-read all the historicals that I read when I first started reading romance to see how I feel about them now.

      Delete
  2. omg this is one of my faves! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE Gaelen Foley's books, especially this series! My favorites were Jacinda's and Lizzie's stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those were my favorites as well. Have you read any of her Inferno Club books? I haven't, but I'm intrigued by them.

      Delete
  4. I've not read any of hers yet. Ahhhh it's amazing how no matter how much you read there's still a list a mile long you NEED to read. Not just want. Need! lol

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.