Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, February 12, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (63)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

The Lady's Tutor 
The Lady's Tutor by Robin  Schone
Originally Published in 1999

Married young to a man hand-picked by her father, Elizabeth Petre is an ideal Victorian lady. She has borne two sons and endured sixteen years of selfless duty in a passionless marriage. Craving a man's loving touch yet loyal to her wedding vows, Elizabeth is determined to seduce her coldly indifferent husband. She knows of only one man who can teach her the erotic secrets of love.

The bastard son of an English Countess and an Arab Sheik, Ramiel Devington was reared to embrace both Western culture and Eastern pleasure. Scorned by society and challenged by prim Elizabeth's request, he undertakes her her instruction in the art of sexual delight. But when the lessons become a temptation neither can resist, Elizabeth is forced to choose between obligation and a bold, forbidden passion...


***************
My first experience with erotic romance.  I was pleasantly surprised at how steamy the love scenes were and how well the steam worked in the overall storyline.  Elizabeth and Ramiel were wonderfully developed characters and I need to re-read this again.

All About Romance (A-)
Mrs. Giggles (78)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I would like this. Is Elizabeth's husband still in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, but I remember the author handled the whole situation so well that I never got angry. And you know my opinions of adultery in romance. :) I think the All About Romance review (that I linked above) explains things better than I could about how things are developed. It isn't for everyone, but I was surprised at how much I ended up liking it.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this author before. Interesting blurb. Not sure I will try this out, since I don't like stories with adultery but who knows...it is different. Will keep it in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.