Tuesday, January 27, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book Club Reads


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I've never had much of an interest in book clubs mostly because I'm afraid that I will get shy and not say anything.  But, here are some books that I think would provide some good discussion material.

Just Listen
1. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (YA contemporary)

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (historical fiction)

Out of My Mind
3. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper (MG contemporary)

Always to Remember
4. Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath (historical romance)

Beauty (Folktales #1)
5. Beauty by Robin McKinley (fantasy)

Fangirl
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (YA contemporary) [MY REVIEW]

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
7. Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy) [MY REVIEW]

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)
8. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (paranormal fiction) [MY REVIEW]

Playing with Matches
9. Playing with Matches by Brian Katcher (YA contemporary)

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1)
10. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (YA fantasy) [MY REVIEW]

6 comments:

  1. Outlander, Fangirl, and A Discover of Witches could be very interesting book club reads!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outlander was fabulous!! Great List! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday! http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really interested in going to book clubs either, because I would be shy, and the whole time I'd be afraid to say anything (and I'd be obsessing about it). I was thinking, though, that it would be a ton of fun to have a historical romance book club. Wouldn't that be fun?

    I've only read Fangirl and Beauty on your list, but I think they would both be fantastic book club books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list of books!! Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-id-love-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great options...I feel ya with the book club, but I am always curious what would happen if I did join one. Oh...maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Beauty. A really awesome retelling. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.